Broken hearted :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I go on vacation to Austin TX in 2 days, and one of the stops is a large beer store. So I called them and asked if they had any Pliney The Elder in, and the guy told me Russian River doesnt ship to TX. :( I've been waiting 8+ months to try this beer. I was deployed from Dec 25th to June 29th, and all I could think about was getting home and buying this beer. :(

Is this true? If so, could someone mail me a bottle? I'd gladly ship you a beer, be it commercial or of my lemongrass hefe when its done carbing in 3 weeks.

Pliny is good, but I wouldn't let it ruin your day. Hell, it's certainly not my favorite IPA/IIPA. Chances are you can get something good where you're at, though I'm not that well-rmed on Texas breweries. I lived near Fort Worth when I was a kid in Watauga. From what I remember I loved it there. Left when I was 12 and haven't been back, though I'd love to go.

Brew your own! Pliny is dependent very much on freshness, so you homebrew version may be as good or better than the real thing.

i agree, you can probably get avery maharaja, check that out.

russian river doesn't ship much anywhere

i agree, you can probably get avery maharaja, check that out.

russian river doesn't ship much anywhere

I have 2 bottles of Maharaja conditioning in my house. :rockin:

I've thought of making a clone of Pliny, but I havent found a PM or extract recipe.

if no one sends you a converted recipe, let me know later tonite and I will use beersmith to convert my AG to either a PM or Extract and send you the recipe I used. My version was awesome (Grapefuity). Need to do again after I do a black butter porter clone.

Sheldon

20110804-nggj5eats8had6js8y9t48pdae.jpg

Back