Brewzilla 65l cord length, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wables

Reaction score
I have a Brewzilla 65l on the way and I’m building a spot for it in my basement. Can anyone help me with…

1) How long is the power cord?
2) How tall is it with the grain basket in the draining position?
3) If you were to make a custom short table for it, how tall would you make it? Tall enough to drain into a fermenter/bucket?

Thanks!

Cord is about 4' in length. I got an extension cord off of Amazon for not too much.

As for height, I found that sitting the Brewzilla on the floor made seeing the screen really difficult. I bought a SSBrewTech BrewCube to sit the Brewzilla on, and the height is perfect. With it sitting on the Brewcube, I can still pull the malt pipe easily by hand for less than 16lbs of grain, standing on a short stool. For 16lb or more of grain, I use a 3x reduction pulley--just used it a few hours ago for a 10gal batch with 22lb of grain.

Last edited:
Cord is four and one half feet.

Height is forty one and one half inches with the malt pipe in drain rest position.

I have mine on an eighteen inch folding platform. The Brewzilla must be turned just so in order to place all three rubber feet on the platform. Less than ideal but it gets it off the floor enough that the display can be read without squatting after backing up a step or so. Haven't had any stability problems.

You will likely want to consider the use of a hoist, particularly for ten gallon batches. Think room to maneuver above the Brewzilla or a means to move it from below the hoisted malt pipe (wheels). I hoist mine above and leave it to drip until I transfer to the fermenter and clean everything together.

Thanks for the replies! I will definitely have a lift system. I’m putting in a 4’ long 3/4” pipe directly above the unit, so I can pull the malt pipe, move it 3’, and drop it into a bucket with casters. The Brewzilla will sit on a 24” wide piece of countertop 20” from the floor. I moved the outlet so it will be right next to the unit. Lots of work left to do, but I finally got some drywall up today. My vent system should be here this week. I’ll have pictures to post soon!

Back