BrewTroller - Status lights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmo4040

Reaction score
I am in the process of planning my Brewtroller build and had a few questions. I have already purchased a Brewtroller and 3 RGBIO8's to control the led's for the lights of the switches. They will tell me if the switches are in the on, off, or auto position. Is there a way to also have the RGBIO8 tell me whether the Brewtroller has opened a valve or turned on a element while in auto? Or should I wire the valve/pump/element led's directly to the Brewtrollers outputs with the use of a resister. Or is there some 3rd option that I'm missing?

Thanks

Nice stetup!

Are the lights always on while the pumps are in auto, or only while the pumps are running? Also is the screen a touchscreen? Thanks

Thanks.
I tried to include a picture of the system running in auto to show you, but it may be unclear. If the switch is set to on, the device will turn on as will the indicator light as well. It will stay on (device and light) until switch it returned to off. When set to auto the BT will turn on the device and indicator when needed. When turned on by the BT the indicator light will cycle with the device. So. BT calls on, device and indicator on. BT calls off, they will both be off.

Yes touchscreen.

How did you wire your switches, maybe I could modify that for my application?

Did you have to do anything special to get the touchscreen to work? Is it running on pi or just windows?

Thanks

They are all wired off the rbio8's and I believe the led comes from the relay header.

It's a disassembled laptop top.

I wasn't planning on using relays for my valves. I might just have to go with brewtroller outputs and resistors.

Latest posts

Back