Brewtroller pressure sensors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveSeattle

Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time getting my pressure sensors to work on my Brewtroller. I'm using the standard BT sensors and have tried both with and without their carrier board. I've verified the sensor has a good connection to both power and ground and that the sensor registers voltage changes when I blow on it. But the BT doesn't seem to register the differences. I've tried with my bubbler pump on and off, and in the off state I've tried it with the per vessel valves open and closed. This is driving me to distraction! My setup depends on volume sensing. Any ideas?

I've posted this on the OSCSYS forums as well, but haven't heard anything there.

Read up on how to configure the volume measurements on the oscsys website. You will need to add a gallon, and set 1 gal to the sensor value. My sensor values were around 40 at the minimum and went up from there linearlyish. Just add another gallon to the kettle until you record all the values in the pressure sensor configuration menu in the brewtroller itself.

If the sensor is work, and you have 5v and a ground. You shouldn't have any problems. It'd just be the configuration after all that.

I know how to calibrate them and actually had them working before having to change controllers. I was reading 5v and ground as expected on the sensor pins and seeing the voltage change with pressure, but the BT controller showed no response to pressure. I eventually sent the sensors back to oscsys for debugging. No word yet.

It doesn't sound like the sensors that are bad. If the value changes from the sensor when you blow into it, they work. It sounds more like its the program not excepting the sensor input.

That's what I thought too, but also the carrier board power light wasn't turning on, so there may be something weird going on. I had to send the dead controller back anyway so it was easy to include the sensors too.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news but OSCSYS closed down. Unless you have been in recent contact with them, I'd look into where your package was delivered to. Check out they're homepage.

Back