Brewtools B40/80+ Pro Commentary & Discussion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealthfixr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In searching through homebrewtalk.com I haven’t really found any dedicated threads on this equipment, like some others. And, I am very interested in the B40. So, I thought I would start one! If you are a user, please post your experience and tips. Let’s get a discussion going on Brewtools Emashing equipment! Who has one? How’s your experience been? Any recommendation?

Got a B80, love it. To get the most out of it i would get the 240v model and set up an outlet for it. I get a boil off 2 120v outlets but i only get to 205 with both outlets at 16amps. So something to think about if ur not at a high sea level like me. The counter flow chiller is good but isnt the best either, im sure an aftermarket can do better. But as far as kettle and controller, i dont think anything comes close to it, as well as customer service, they respond and take care of the problems really really fast. Great little company tbh, expensive, but well worth it IMO.

I looked pretty hard at Brewtools and ended up going with a Spike Solo instead. I liked how the brewtools had all the add ones and shiny stuff but, at this point simplicity trumped complex. I loved the idea of more automation but I had a spike 3 vessel system before and I know how the controller works. If I had more time to play I would totally go with the B80 pro with all the extra bits. Seems very well built and I love that they keep developing. It did seem to me like it would need more babysitting than the spike due to the center pipe but I am sure once you got it dialed in it wouldn’t be an issue. So many great choices now at all price points it is a good time to be a home brewer!

Not really, they sold over 2k units but have a facebook group where they all hang out and talk brewtools stuff at.

Back