Brewtech BrewBucket Welding?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegbeer

Reaction score
The handle on my Brewtech Brew Bucket popped off while carrying a fermented beer. Sigh.

I'm assuming I can take this to a welder and have the handle reattached. I know nothing about welding. Any advice on the type of welder I'm looking for? Google maps search just gives me a bunch of machine shops that don't look like they cater to one-off requests.

In general welding thin stainless has unique challenges, and "Tig" welding is the process of choice.

However, these handles came "spot welded" to the tank which is a simpler repair.

I recommend finding a local community college that teaches welding, or a high school shop and see if the will help you out. The high school kids would probably get a kick out of it.

If no luck there, then look for someone who is used to working with stainless... preferably thin stainless.

Where are you located?

For that kind of job, a spot welder is great but it's hard to gauge the penetration of a spot weld so failures are pretty common. I agree with asking SS if they'd swap it for you though. I'd firmly consider that a manufacturer defect unless they warn against moving them while full.

Back