Brewpubs in Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smata67

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have to be in Denver mon-wed next week. Any thoughts on where I should go for sampling? Something unusual/local would be cool. I'll be near the Convention Center, but could taxi out if need be. Any beer supply houses nearby?

Not too far away from the convention center, the Vine Street Pub is one of my favorites. Local beer (I think mostly brewed in Boulder). Java Porter and Mocha Stout are both solid.

1700 Vine Street, Denver, CO
(303) 388-2337 ‎

The best place to grab a beer in Denver is Falling Rock Tap House. The good news this is walking distance from the convention center. They do not brew there own, but they have lots of local's on tap. They have lot's of everything on tap.
1919 Blake St.
Denver, Colorado

If you want a local brewery Downtown then check out Great Divide, also walking distance. The Oak Aged Yeti Imp. Stout is amazing.
2201 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80205-2512

Or Wynkoop, the incoming Colorado Governor used to own the this place, across from Union Station and yes walking distance. I am a fan of the St. Charles ESB.
1634 18th Street
Denver, CO 80202-1212

Freshcraft 1530 Blake 20 taps 65 bottles and cans

hops and pie 39th and Tennyson, great taps

Strange Brew 1330 Zuni

Argonaut Liquors 700ish Colfax

Dry Dock/Brewhut out in Aurora

Breckenridge 471 Kalamath

Rackhouse Pub also on Kalamath I believe

But if you are downtown. .. .

Ditto on Falling Rock and Freshcraft for the wonderful selection
-Great Divide brewery (tour and tasting room; the winter warmer and a barleywine MUST have) 22nd and Arapahoe
- Rock Bottom on the 16th st. mall; though a box brewpub each has their own brews created by the individual brewmasters
- Wynkoop, near the train station, second floor for some unusual taps and experiments
- Chophouse, just to sit at the bar and have the Wild Turkey Bourbon Stout; 19th st near the ball field

Falling Rock (taphouse) and Great Divide (nice taproom, also have a good tour) were the highlights of downtown when I visited. Wynkoop was great for the history and the role they played in the craft beer movement, but I found the beer and food uninspiring. I walked to all of these from my hotel (also somewhat close to the convention center)... then again it was early summer with favorable weather. A cab might be a good bet (or you can catch the free shuttle bus thing that goes up and down the pedestrian mall).

If you can get out of Denver, Oscar Blues in Lyon was a great time!

PS: A Yardhouse - 130 taps - is supposed to open on the 16th st. Mall this month. Not sure of the date. Beer Nirvana!

Great Divide is my fav place in Denver. If you are looking to get away from the downtown seen, Cherry Cricket is about 10 min south of downtown and they have a ton of beer and the best burgers and fries in the city. Its in a little area called Cherry Creek North. There is a mall there, but then a bunch of little shops and whatnot. There are a few bars besides the Cricket as well as a bunch of other restaraunts. The weather will be good today and tomorrow so it should be OK to walk around the area in the early afternoon before the sun goes down. Have fun, Denver rocks!

FreshCraft, Falling Rock, and Great Divide get my votes for downtown. Euclid Hall also has a great selection and is right around the corner from FreshCraft.

Pint's Pub is worth a stop. As already stated, amazing selection of scotch, but their beers are pretty solid and it's a good place for food too. My favorites are the Alchemy ESB and the Gael Force (scottish). If you are able to take a drive, Bull and Bush in Cherry Creek (15-20 minutes from downtown) is awesome as is Dry Dock in Aurora (30-45 minutes from downtown non-rush hour depending on traffic) which was already mentioned. Dry Dock won small brewery of the year a couple years ago at GABF.

Breckenridge has a location on Blake basically right across from Coors Field, although I'm partial to the Kalamath location you could walk to the Blake location fairly easily.

Great Divide & Wynkoop are probably the best to hit. Breckenridge's vanilla porter on tap is also a solid choice...definitely one of my favorite beers.

Latest posts

Back