Brewnique faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What brought me up short is this comment in the description:

Tap faucets must be disassembled and brushed clean.

Well. Do we know anyone who does that on a regular basis? That was, I thought, the whole point of a flush and clean w/ BLC.

The best way to evaluate these would be side-by-side with something like a Perlick flow control, which can be had for not much more than the price of this faucet.

"replaceable faucet liners"?
It's a Whole New Paradigm!

Gotta admire the ad copy for determination to make a case.
Stainless steel faucets are a breeding ground for all kinds of nasties that can only be solved by...replacing them...with something that also requires cleaning?

Pass.

Cheers! ;)

So I reached out to them because I thought it read funny. Basically what they meant to say was that traditional faucets require bi-monthly cleaning and are a breeding ground for growth etc. and should be dis-assembled regularly... and it's their new design with the tube that eliminates the need for dis-assembly, just clean them as part of the normal line cleaning routine. This whole story is very much oriented at pubs and not home brewers.

Replacement tubes are just under $5.

I'm curious but not willing to be the first ;)

I see this (if the tap actually cuts off flow) working well for a jockey box. Festival on Friday, doesn't get cleaned till Monday.

fwiw, I clean all six of my lines from QDs through flow meters through faucets, exercising the tap levers frequently while the cleaner is recirculating, and the last time I broke down all six faucets to replace all of their O-rings (after many years) right after running my cleaning regimen they were literally spotless clean. I couldn't have cleaned them any better taking them apart in the first place.

For the cost of a couple ounces of BLC or LLC, verses $30+ S&H worth of silicone liners...

Cheers!

Back