Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine, as well. Ordered 2/3, informed that they were out of light LME on Monday, 2/11 but it should be back in stock mid to late in the week...finally shipped 2/22, and arrived today.

Grain crush looks alright, although they put the ice packs in the same bag as the fermometer, soaking the backing and making it very hard to remove.

I think I might also be looking for a new online supplier. A shame.

I used to solely order from BMW. My last order I had an extract recipe with LME. They were out of stock of two of the things for the recipe which didn't come for 5 weeks later. By then the LME they sent me in the first shipment already had mold and I had switched to all grain. $20 down the drain because they were out of stock of something. They never updated me on the status without me initiating with an email.

I had it all together under one recipe. I feel they should have looked at it and said we aren't going to have x for over a month. Maybe we wait and send fresh LME.

"I placed an order this morning. We'll see how long it takes"
Update.
Ordered on the 19th
On the 27th I received an e-mail stating they were out of Star San and bottle caps but they could ship my grains and hops. I told them I could wait until the rest was in stock.
My entire order arrived today, 3/2/13.
As I earlier, and with the news from the above post that Ed is opening a brewery, I think it's just growing pains. I'm going to stick with them a while longer and just give myself the lead time.

Ed,

Have you considered carrying White Labs yeast?

Also, in the odd ingredient category, have you considered carrying Malted Corn (not flaked corn)?

Thanks.

Have orders been delayed more than usual lately?
I ordered on the 28th of Feb and haven't received an email or anything since and my order is still stuck at pending.

I placed a pretty big order a couple weeks ago and called to check on the status a few days later. They were waiting on a specialty yeast (which I figured would happen) and offered to send it out without the yeast or send it all the following Monday when the yeast came in. I wasn't in a huge rush so I went with the latter, and as stated it shipped out Monday.

Have orders been delayed more than usual lately?
I ordered on the 28th of Feb and haven't received an email or anything since and my order is still stuck at pending.

Yeah, I ordered the same day. Still pending.

Nothing really odd about my order...maybe the hydrometer is holding it up (mine rolled off the table onto the tile floor)

I ordered 1 month and 1 day ago. Still haven't received my full order. I had them send some of it early so I could use them to brew last weekend.

if you're having order issues, call them... or email Ed.. he'll respond and the guys in the store will do everything they can to get you taken care of. There are times when they are at the mercy of their distributor though..

if you're having order issues, call them... or email Ed.. he'll respond and the guys in the store will do everything they can to get you taken care of. There are times when they are at the mercy of their distributor though..

There was a time when BW ALWAYS shipped by the second day after an order was placed, or sent an email.

I have even had Ed call the house, asking if I needed most of my order, because an item was on back order.

Growing pains?

I assume its growing pains, the only "good" problem for him to have. ;)

Kinda sucks for us though I guess.. I'll call today if I dont hear anything. I didnt order anything too unusual so I'd be surprised if it was backorder issues.

Cpt_Kirks said:
There was a time when BW ALWAYS shipped by the second day after an order was placed, or sent an email.

I have even had Ed call the house, asking if I needed most of my order, because an item was on back order.

Growing pains?

I've had the same experience. I've also had him call because he thought a recipe I put together would be better if slightly altered. What happened? It doesn't seem like growing pains, more like a lack of interest.

I agree. I'm not sure that its growing pains. I have received a few emails and called a few times, never speaking with Ed. Everyone I have spoken with has had horrible customer service. Like troll under a bridge service, as if they've never dealt with human interaction before. In an email conversation shared, I commented on how poor the service has been ( 31 days later and still haven't received my full order), and I never received an email back. Not even a, "we are sorry you feel that way". And definitely no apology or corrective action. They seem to avoid negativity and conflict at all costs, even over the phone. Not sure what's going on over there but unfortunately I will be switching online vendors and just have to pay more for shipping.

I agree. I'm not sure that its growing pains. I have received a few emails and called a few times, never speaking with Ed. Everyone I have spoken with has had horrible customer service. Like troll under a bridge service, as if they've never dealt with human interaction before. In an email conversation shared, I commented on how poor the service has been ( 31 days later and still haven't received my full order), and I never received an email back. Not even a, "we are sorry you feel that way". And definitely no apology or corrective action. They seem to avoid negativity and conflict at all costs, even over the phone. Not sure what's going on over there but unfortunately I will be switching online vendors and just have to pay more for shipping.

:(:(:(

I admit I moved to bulk grains for most of my brewing so I dont order online much anymore, but I still really like the brewbuilder for the ease of use when playing around with new recipes. I also loved putting an order in and having it on my doorstep three days later, but I didn't come to expect it. (It was also a while ago) That said, I really wasn't expecting to be left in the dark for what is now six days on what I thought was a pretty standard order.

Hey guys please help me out if you talk to someone about your order and feel like your not getting treated properly ask to talk to me about it specifically. Make sure you get the name of the person you talked to so I can do the coaching and training portion needed to get everyone where I want them to be. We have had a lot of turnover recently and giving me specific feedback is the best way to ensure it does not happen again. You can also email me directly and I will do everything I can to help you out.

Thanks,

Ed

Hey guys please help me out if you talk to someone about your order and feel like your not getting treated properly ask to talk to me about it specifically. Make sure you get the name of the person you talked to so I can do the coaching and training portion needed to get everyone where I want them to be. We have had a lot of turnover recently and giving me specific feedback is the best way to ensure it does not happen again. You can also email me directly and I will do everything I can to help you out.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks for the reply Ed! I sent an email but will be happy to call if that's the best way to clarify my order's status.

Good luck with the new hires!

Every time I've had a problem ed has been more than helpful even upgrading my order cause things were out of stock and I needed them soon

I ordered monday the 4th, needing stuff by Friday the 15th (double brew day with my brother on the 16th - his first brew day). I sent an email to them about 10 minutes ago, asking when it would ship explaining my situation. I got an email back saying they had everything but siphon tubing in stock, but could ship everything but the tubing monday the 11th. I replied saying thats fine I just need the stuff Friday at the latest.

If its not here friday, they will never again see business from me. Even now, it will be limited business, but I have a "local" homebrew supply shop and I am going to get into Partial Mash, and the local place has grains galore, most hops and a lot of yeast. AND a mill that is for customer use :)

I have always received decent service from BMW. I just place my first order with them since everyone has reported issues so I was curious to see how it went. It took about 6 business days to ship and was in transit for another 3 (i live in the Midwest). It's not the fastest service I've had from them but not terrible either. Their prices and flat rate shipping make it worth it for me. I hear others say they didn't get their order in time for their "scheduled" brew day and take it all out on the vendor. I realize some time delays are unacceptable, but people need to plan ahead too. If you have to have a brew ready for something special, like the one I'm doing for the birth of our next child, then don't plan it for the last minute so if shipment is late its ALL the vendors fault. Do it ahead of time, it will keep in the bottles, I promise. And after all, this is a hobby right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is RDWHAHB.

I hear others say they didn't get their order in time for their "scheduled" brew day and take it all out on the vendor. I realize some time delays are unacceptable, but people need to plan ahead too. If you have to have a brew ready for something special, like the one I'm doing for the birth of our next child, then don't plan it for the last minute so if shipment is late its ALL the vendors fault. Do it ahead of time, it will keep in the bottles, I promise. And after all, this is a hobby right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is RDWHAHB.

. . . BMW was quick, literally within hours, to charge my credit card but it took them a week to notify me that they were out of stock on Fuggles and another week to finally get the order to me. I can accept a delayed shipment but I find it unacceptable to taking a week to notify a customer that there is a delay when you've already taken their money.

There are plenty of other vendors who won't take two weeks to get an English Mild recipe shipped to my house.

The out of stock part of the this discussion is true, and I have even cancelled lingering parts of my order and purchased elsewhere after a 3-4 week delay. I also paid more when I did that:(

I only order from brewmasterswarehouse because the prices are lower, the flat rate shipping is great and with brewbuilder discount codes even cheaper.

The crush is great, and I counted on 75-80% efficiency for years until I started grinding my own.

As a precaution about out of stock items, I simply leave a note in the provided box saying to ship what is available and notify me of out of stock items. Solved the problem. they have never been out of anything recipe wise other than a yeast pack and that came in and shipped a couple of days later. It is the more off the beaten path items that I had to wait on.

Will continue to use brewmasterwarehouse only, and recommend to friends.

I guess it wasn't me then, b/c I had the same efficiency issues and I even emailed them to find out if they changed the settings or something...sucks, I have over 30 recipes with them and have used them a lot, at one point my only vendor...I could always count on a great crush and great service and I loved brewbuilder....but now I am scared to place an order...between the constant out of stocks and the phone being shut off at one point, it sounds to me like they might even have a cash problem or something and...hope that's not the case and it's just rookie employees, maybe they are having a really tough time filling Scott's shoes...anyway, hope it gets better for them and hope Ed's sis is doing ok.

I had to cancel my last order with them because I could never get anyone to answer the phone and when I called them and left them a voicemail, they never even called me back that day. There are too many other companies trying to make a living for me to support one with such poor customer service. I have been a loyal customer for over a year but I will not be using BMW again.

I did a search and found this thread. I was going to log on and post a complimentary note about them - I still will because they earned it IMHO.

I made an order on a Friday I think it was. While I am spoiled by Amazon, my hobbies are less than main stream and I deal with a lot of smaller companies. I dropped them a note on Monday because the order still showed as pending. Not a big deal, like I said it's a small shop and they likely did not have a line of people filling orders as they came in.

I received a reply the same day I think, may have been the next morning, either way it was reasonable. They indicated they try to turn orders in two days (check) and that they were out of one of the things I ordered and offered a completely reasonable replacement. I agreed and within a few hours I received a tracking number.

That was unfortunately the end of where it went well but the rest was all on mother nature. I was very happy with the website, the tools therein, and the service I received. I hope that the issues posted here will be addressed and are a result of transitive issues like growing pains because they seem to have a very unique niche.

can you guys special order german kaiser malt? i cant find it on the website. if not, what would be a good sub? brown malt?

update:

Today I get an email stating they are out of the tubing (DUH I already contacted them about that...) and they can hold shipment till it comes in or get my stuff out. And I was told it would be shipped without the tubing yesterday. It wasn't.

I'm done with them. Obviously "Eric" the person I was in contact with Friday is another representation of their poor customer service. I won't voice my opinion with them till my ingredients arrive. No need to delay it any further. Northern Brewer and the local place from here on out. Might give More Beer a shot, too.

At least my brother and I have beer to drink and beer (Irish Red) to bottle Saturday. Which is fine, bottling is actually where I need help, I can brew on my own, was just hoping to take him through a brew day, and let him brew the second batch kinda on his own. IF they ship today it might still get here on time. But they lose a customer due to lack of customer service.

Moderator Note: Its is most helpful when you post ONCE about a transaction, not multiple times, keep it factual, and avoid hyperbole. Don't respond to other reviews. Simple, straight, factual reviews and no "piling on", please.

Coming up on **TWO WEEKS** since I placed my last order, and it STILL has not shipped.

I received ONE email, after I complained the first time.

NO contact since.

This has gone beyond ridiculous.

:mad:

Don't hold your breath captain. I just called today, 37 DAYS after I placed my order. I was told that one of my items was STILL out of stock. I told them to cancel the item and send out the rest. Their prices are good but not worth the wait. Also, I was told several times throughout the month that my order would be in by the end of the week......never happened.

Don't hold your breath captain. I just called today, 37 DAYS after I placed my order. I was told that one of my items was STILL out of stock. I told them to cancel the item and send out the rest. Their prices are good but not worth the wait. Also, I was told several times throughout the month that my order would be in by the end of the week......never happened.

If it does not ship in the next day or so, I'm cancelling and will be done with them.

They really don't seem to give a crap anymore.

:mad:

Thanks,

Ed

It's not about being treated un-properly. It is about advertising a product, charging for it, and then emailing later that you are out of stock. Fix the inventory software. When you are out of something, say so, don't mislead me into thinking you have what I want and I will get it in a couple of days. Then you send an email stating that you are out of 2-row, but we can ship everything else. Well, without the 2-row nothing else matters!

Your inventory has been ****ty lately. I've moved on. This is a competitive business. Get up or stay at home.

It's not about being treated un-properly. It is about advertising a product, charging for it, and then emailing later that you are out of stock. Fix the inventory software. When you are out of something, say so, don't mislead me into thinking you have what I want and I will get it in a couple of days. Then you send an email stating that you are out of 2-row, but we can ship everything else. Well, without the 2-row nothing else matters!

Your inventory has been ****ty lately. I've moved on. This is a competitive business. Get up or stay at home.

not to make excuses for Ed.. but his store does a lot of walk in business, sometimes you order something online and its already in the hands of a person in the store. it's happened to me and I pickup my stuff at the store. It would be nice if there were a real time update to the stock online as it is sold both online and in store. hopefully that can be added. it wont solve it 100% as you could order it online and before it is pulled for your order I could walk in and buy it.

Moderator Note: I've merged an old, historical thread that began in 2008 that was in the Vendor's Showcase but that had become a review thread. Now, that thread and the review thread are merged, here in the Company Review forum. A reminder that reviews are not edited or censored here, if they are factual reviews from actual customers. Replying to other members' reviews is discouraged and may be edited - we don't need help interpreting reviews - just tell us your experience (once) and leave it at that.

I just placed an order and it shipped on day 7, 4 days of shipping to the West Coast. I stupidly wasn't home when Fedex dropped by and I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see if the order is in order so to speak.

Has anyone heard from these guys recently?

I ordered a Crankandstein from them on Feb 18. When it didn't ship after a few days, I contacted them and they told me it was on backorder by about 3 weeks - which is fine, looking around it seems that's not unusual with mill orders. I sent them an email asking for an update last monday and when I didn't get a response filled in the form on their website, but I've yet to hear from them at all and am starting to get a bit concerned.

Has anyone heard from these guys recently?

I ordered a Crankandstein from them on Feb 18. When it didn't ship after a few days, I contacted them and they told me it was on backorder by about 3 weeks - which is fine, looking around it seems that's not unusual with mill orders. I sent them an email asking for an update last monday and when I didn't get a response filled in the form on their website, but I've yet to hear from them at all and am starting to get a bit concerned.

You should call IMO. Phone is usually better for that type of thing.

I'm a bit cold on them right now after receiving grain that was slightly crushed and getting barely an apology. I plan on shopping around after using them for three years.

Back