Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered grains for my first AG batch from Ed. Apparently the crush was pretty good as I hit 85%. Arrived fast and great packing job. Thanks!

I have happily placed 6 orders from Ed totaling over 155 pounds of grain along with some other various items. Service and crush are awesome. I almost always over shoot my gravity.
When I fill out the shipping info, I have to rtype it every time, including the billing info. Am I missing something or is this how it works?
Keep up the good job Ed
Bart

I ordered my first brew kit and two extract kits from you! Im too excited because it should be here the day my finals are over with and summer has begun!

A question though; if Im a newb and I order some partial grain with the grain crushed - is there any modification I have to do to the grain before steeping it? Do I need any special machinery to utilize that grain?

Thank ya! I love the 6.99 flat rate!

A question though; if Im a newb and I order some partial grain with the grain crushed - is there any modification I have to do to the grain before steeping it? Do I need any special machinery to utilize that grain?

Thank ya! I love the 6.99 flat rate!

There is nothing you have to do to the grain at all. They come ready to be steeped.

Thanks,

Ed

Just placed my first order with you guys. Been hearing nothing but good things. Can't wait to get my stuff and brew!!!

I have to say that I have been very please with the service, crush, delivery speed, etc of Brewmasters Warehouse. It always nice to be able to order on a Tuesday and have my ingredients ready for Saturday (with standard shipping too).

Was ready to commit to my cart at Northern Brewer and decided to compare it to BMC just in case... wow - BMC saved me $7 bucks on a $30 order! Great prices - and I know Ed ships out fast as lighting.

Man, I had no idea you guys were off the 120 loop, Ill have to stop by and pick up some supplies, Im always at the Wild Wings right there.

Just placed my 3rd or 4th order with Ed...can't speak highly enough to his level of service! (and finally remembered to put in this month's code to be entered for a prize since I forgot on my past orders...DOH)

I love the brew builder, but I've got a feature request: Can we have virtual ingredients? Having the ability to add stuff like table sugar that I don't need to make a special purchase for would let me see the correct gravity, for example. It'd be cool if I could do that with yeast, as well, since I like to order multiple batches at once and pick up yeast as needed.

Loved the order I've made through you, and I'm not knocking your shop or shipping times. I can edit the order when it hits my cart, but I either have more work to do or have the numbers in Brew Builder off.

I love the brew builder, but I've got a feature request: Can we have virtual ingredients? Having the ability to add stuff like table sugar that I don't need to make a special purchase for would let me see the correct gravity, for example. It'd be cool if I could do that with yeast, as well, since I like to order multiple batches at once and pick up yeast as needed.

It already does that. You build (and save) your full recipe and once you hit buy, it asks you what ingredients you already have. Works great IMO.

Thank you sooooooooo much! You're website is great! I wish there were more pictures at times, but with the variety of items offered coupled the $6.99 flat rate keeps me from ordering anywhere else. Right now my first homebrew (67 American Brown Ale) is finishing up in the fermenter as we speak! Thanks for providing the ability for the little guy to get a start. Who knows you may have just opened a new career path to the lot of us!

Thank you for helping me get good beer in my crappily, beer-suppressed state!

One suggestion: For the starter equipment you could provide a sheet with basic pictures of items and a quick description of use. I read a decent bit on the subject before hand, but I was surprised when I got a package that just said "one-step no rinse." It took me a good minute to realize that was my sanatizer, but then it had no directions about mixing weight/volume amounts. I found the mixing ratios and even the name of the chemical online, but that was an extra step that may deter others or lead them to improper sanitizing practices. The book provided is good, but if you just had a single ID sheet to send with it I feel it would be a lot more helpful to newbs.

I am definitly impressed. Placed an order Monday night (after hours) and it was at my door Thursday morning. The yeast was cold and the crush looks awesome.

I've ordered here twice already and have been really pleased with the results.

Definitely got better efficiency with the crush from my last batch from them than from my LHBS, prices were great, and even the 6.99 shipping was FAST! Placed my last order on late Tuesday night and received it around 9:30 this morning (Friday)!!! :rockin:

I also love the ability to order grains by the ounce...this way I don't have leftovers of something I may not use again :)

I have ordered 3 times, and been really happy with the shipping times and crush. Defiantly beats the pants off my LHBS.

:ban::rockin:

Ed...

Do you have any idea if there is an extensive lead time to get THREE 55 gallon Boilermakers with a falsie, auto sparge etc... ?

Building a 1BBL Brutus 10 and I am wondering if these ship in the same time frame typical of the smaller kettles??

Willy

Just waiting on a deposit to clear, and I have a $3000+ order in my basket Ed. Thanks for being my preferred supplier of all things Blingmann!

Just waiting on a deposit to clear, and I have a $3000+ order in my basket Ed. Thanks for being my preferred supplier of all things Blingmann!

Holy ****. :mug:

I really like what I'm hearing from everyone in this thread about the service, and I'll be sure my next order is from BMW. Hopefully my AG setup will be ready and I'll be in the market for a 50 lb bag of grain within the next month.

Ed is not just a business man, he is a friend to his customers... that is where the difference lies.

It looks like I could very well be ordering (8) 55 gallon Blichmans and all of the associated peripherals after checking my mail tonight. Ed is the only guy I will buy them from.

BTW Ed. Thanks for the yeast recommendation for my last Wheat. Took a gravity reading this weekend and it's down to 1010...from 1056. Not bad at all, but that Wyeast sure looked funky in the bottom of the fermenter.

It already does that. You build (and save) your full recipe and once you hit buy, it asks you what ingredients you already have. Works great IMO.

I just tried this; works fine if I put the recipe in Brew Builder first but I can't just go to my recipe list and add the recipe directly to my cart. I'd like to be able to do the same thing either way.

I know it's a minor thing, but the site is so nice otherwise that I notice it.

Ed, just an FYI that the past few times I've tried to use your website, while working, is very slow. I have fiber connection 35mbps download/35 mbps upload so I know it's not on my end.
It just takes a long time to load at times.
Getting ready to order my Rogue Dead Guy Ale AG kit with PacMan.

Hey Ed,
Is there any discount on more DME? I see that it is $3.99/lb. Is there a 3# or 5# or 10# or 15# option that changes the price per pound? Putting together a $200+ order and want to see if you have that option. Thanks!

Love the brew builder.. ordered the supplies for my first all grain a week ago and everything was perfect. I do have a suggestion though.

Can you make the recipes searchable? I've found a few recipes and remember the names, but trying to find them by style is a challenge (not to mention slow when the site is running slow).

Ed...you are killing me with that great crush!
All my beers overshoot my OG and I can't brew a lawn mower ale.
The Ed's Haus pale ale came out at 1.061. I guess I could adjust my grain bill downward.
Thanks Ed!

Thanks Sacdan for the reply. I have been very busy the last couple of weeks, which has kept me off the forums. Pretty much everyone at the store has been on a vacation over the last couple of weeks, myself included, which is why I have not been on at all over the last week.

Searchable recipes are coming this summer along with a few other enhancements to the website.

Thanks,

Ed

Latest posts

Back