Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it on Chrome and Firefox on Windows, and Firefox on Linux and also cannot duplicate the problem.

I did get a pop-up complaining about security certificates on my Linux machine, so maybe the folks having trouble could try temporarily lowering their Internet security settings to see if it fixes the issue.

I do have an unrelated question: is there any way to search for a recipe instead of just browsing categories? The main search doesn't seem to search the recipe database, and I don't always know what category I want.

Like trying to remember if a grain is Roasted, Highly Kilned, Specialty or Caramel, which still drives me absolutely bananas when trying to build a recipe.

-Joe

Do you sell gift certificates? If not, are there plans in the works to make this option available? The gift giving season of Christmas is coming up and Gift certificates to homebrew supply stores is always high on my list. I'd hate for you to miss out on some of that action.

Thanks!

We do not have them currently on the site, but we will soon. I am trying to see what is the best way to work out the GC purchases.

Thanks,

Ed

I tried it on Chrome and Firefox on Windows, and Firefox on Linux and also cannot duplicate the problem.

I did get a pop-up complaining about security certificates on my Linux machine, so maybe the folks having trouble could try temporarily lowering their Internet security settings to see if it fixes the issue.

I do have an unrelated question: is there any way to search for a recipe instead of just browsing categories? The main search doesn't seem to search the recipe database, and I don't always know what category I want.

Like trying to remember if a grain is Roasted, Highly Kilned, Specialty or Caramel, which still drives me absolutely bananas when trying to build a recipe.

-Joe

The problem may well be caused by a weird problem with the SSL cert. We are doing everything we can to get it fixed as soon as possible. Anyone that is worried about the SSL cert it is good until Oct 2010, so no need to worry.

Searching the recipes is coming along with drill down tools for recipes so you can sort by specific preferences. We just need some more reviews to ensure that everything is working properly.

Another excellently packaged order arrived at my door this morning. Looking forward to brewing my tart cherry witbier this weekend!

I have been trying since I was first notified, but have been unable to reproduce this issue. If you could please tell me (specifically) which version of OSX you are using as well as which browser versions (Safari / Firefox) you are running, I will be more than happy to setup a test case.

Any additional information you could provide such as the name of your ISP, your home network configuration (proxy server?) or any additional plugins/toolbars or firewalls you are using would be helpful as well.

I need to determine when (and why) the cookie is being purged from the browser in order to best develop a solution to this issue.

If you folks changed anything since my last post, it worked. I tried three times on two different browsers that night, and it wouldn't work on any of them.

Now I can't get it to happen again on any browser. I even tried two machines that I've never browsed the site from before...

If you folks changed anything since my last post, it worked. I tried three times on two different browsers that night, and it wouldn't work on any of them.

Now I can't get it to happen again on any browser. I even tried two machines that I've never browsed the site from before...

I had nothing to do with it, but that is awesome. Give Ed a chance to show you what he is good at (running a HBS) and i guarantee you wont be disappointed.

That is what I like to hear. We had some things done to the site to fix the issue so hopefully no one else has any problems, but if you do please let me know. We can only fix what we know is wrong.

Thanks,

Ed

The root cause of this was actually the SSL warning that was appearing in OSX. Safari (and apparently Firefox on OSX) reject the cookie on SSL secured pages that it can't verify.

The root cause of the SSL issue was some funkiness with the way GoDaddy issues their SSL certs. Basically to verify all the way back to GD we had to install an SSL chain with root certificates from GD.

Thanks again for all the info you provided and I apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused. I don't anticipate this problem happening again unless we have to change hosting providers for some unforeseen reason (or Ed forgets to renew the cert).

Please also rest assured that even though the cert couldn't (previously) be properly verified by these browsers, your communication with our server was still protected by 256-bit encryption and that our website was (and is) 100% secure.

Thanks again!

-BMW Dev

I am very pleased to announce that our long struggle to open to customers in Georgia is as of now over. Effective immediately we are shipping to customers within Georgia and have an instore pickup option for local customers.

We are in the process of changing the store over from a stricty online operation to a full blown retail location. We will have regular retail store hours coming very soon. If you are in the area you can stop by and we will of course take care of you, just please do not mind all of the rearranging taking place.

I want to especially thank everyone that has ordered from us, and signed the petition. This was resolved due to the tremendous growth that we have had over the time we have been open. Without you guys none of this would have happened.

Now it is time for some: :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Thank You,

Ed

Great news!

Next time I drive through Georgia I'll try and stop by.

Edit: In fact, I will be driving through Georgia on the way to Florida in a couple of weeks.

YES! Its about time. Congrats. I have some stuff I need to pick up that I haven't had the time to drive from Kennesaw to Roswell for.

I should take some. I need to put away a lot of product that we received today. I stocked up on a lot of things to make sure we had stuff for the local peeps. 7 pallets worth of stuff today.

Time to start a new thread, topic: "Brewmasters Warehouse is open!!! (and Georgia too)"

Cheers, :mug:

We are in the process of changing the store over from a stricty online operation to a full blown retail location. We will have regular retail store hours coming very soon.
So when can we expect a New Jersey location of Brewmasters Warehouse? :cross:

j/k, your online service can't be beat. Congrats to Ed and the folks in Georgia!

This is great to hear. I travel up toward Atlanta now and then and will definitely take advantage.

Ed, do you plan on selling bulk grain (e.g. 55 lb bags) cheaper for in-store pick up?

You know what I would find awesome with the brew builder? A page that has a copy-pasteable report of the recipe and its stats. I design most of my beers over there now and I always have to spend time editing the text when I copy and paste it over here.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the great work, and congratulations on the store. If I'm ever in Atlanta I'll definitely swing by.

You know what I would find awesome with the brew builder? A page that has a copy-pasteable report of the recipe and its stats. I design most of my beers over there now and I always have to spend time editing the text when I copy and paste it over here.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the great work, and congratulations on the store. If I'm ever in Atlanta I'll definitely swing by.

Thank you to everyone.

That is a good idea for a nice report for the recipe. I think it is something we could certainly do. I will put it on the list.

Thanks,

Ed

Hey BMH I want to order from you, but I'm a little concerned about liquid yeast staying viable throughout shipment. I've been burned before getting liquid yeast in the mail (lager yeast which never started). Where are you shipping from, is there anyway to keep this from happening?

Ed ships from the Atlanta, GA area, and it's always been really fast for me! No yeast problems. And especially with the cooler weather, you should be fine.

Hey Ed,

Can you provide usage stats on recipes uploaded to Brew Builder? I'd love to know how many (if any ;)) of my recipes have sold.

Ed is spectacularly fast. My third order went in late Sunday night, it was shipped out Monday by 4:00, and was received Tuesday morning by 10:00. Just freakin' unbelievable! I'm so conditioned by the other places that I used to order that it would take 7-10 days, so I ordered really early. Now I'm going to have to brew this weekend instead of over Thanksgiving break. Gee, thanks Ed! ;)

Hey BMH I want to order from you, but I'm a little concerned about liquid yeast staying viable throughout shipment. I've been burned before getting liquid yeast in the mail (lager yeast which never started). Where are you shipping from, is there anyway to keep this from happening?

You also have the option of getting an ice pack with your yeast, though in this weather i'd be worried about it freezing more than getting too hot.

You wont be disappointed with Ed and BMW.

We have been very fortunate that we had very few <10 non viable yeast due to transit conditions since we have been open. An ice pack would certainly help especially if you are further south than Marietta, GA. If you are north then the ice pack will most certainly make it easy for the yeast.

Flyangler - We are still working on the usage stats for recipes. With the opening of the store we had to push the project back so we can get our custom POS system finished.

Niko - Things are going very well. I am hoping to start regular retail hours starting Monday November 30th. We may still have some more work to do, but we should have everything setup to start. Here is a quick pic that a took today on my phone, looking at the new OPEN sign. As you can tell we still have some work to go, and a wall to remove.

opensign.jpg

Monday 11/30, you say... Maybe I'll stay in Florida for a couple extra days and time my drive back up through Georgia so I can make opening day. :)

That is the target date. If we can get the back room setup for shipping out internet orders, and the POS system complete with terminal then we will open it up, even if there is still more work to do on the store. It is a tight timeline, but what the hell I have been waiting so long I can not wait any longer

Back