Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony,
There's a BYO promotion for 10% off the order. The promo code is BYOAD.

Hey Ed, just a quick thing, and it's not a big deal. Go to your site and add 20lbs. of Rahr 2-row base malt to your cart then check out the cart.....it looks like it is adding a penny to the price. Now, personally, I don't care, it makes my total more of an even number (since the shipping 6.99, it evens out the cents) which is easier to calculate for my budget.

I bring this up in case you want to get that fixed in this next release, just in case the underlying problem is major..... Maybe it's just that I'm a usability tester/web developer...we're kind of crazy.

The penny has to do with rounding, and the ability to sell things in exact quantities pounds and ounces. In order to do that we have to have the price in the system reflect the price of an ounce, and then multiple that to a pound, and then multiply that to 20 pounds for your order. This is how a penny difference is made. The pennies are driving my web guys nuts, and they should be eliminated when the new update comes out.

So your not crazy, but now you know how the magic is done.

If anyone has an order with a penny rounding up, let me know and I will drop a penny in your box before we ship it.

Ed

No worries Ed, I figured it was driving your web guys nuts. Us web developers tend to obsess over those things. I never even considered it could be because of ounces, that makes sense. I always order by the pound, makes for some lovely leftover brews, like the brown ale I'm brewing tomorrow.

We have the pricing out to the fourth decimal (ie $1.15 per pound = .0719) but it still happens. I told him if we just change it to the 100th decimal it would go away, but he thinks it is a challenge to get it correct without resorting to something as insane as the 100 place decimal.

Thanks Ed for offering a great service.

I was about ready to get some of the SS elbow shanks on your site (http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/products/Stainless-Steel-Elbow-Shank-0102064) and was a little confused or second guessing the size in the description.

It reads:

Elbow shank used for round 3" diameter towers. Elbow soldered into shank to prevent internal leaks. Elbow barb will fit 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch tubing. The complete assembly made from stainless steel.

Is the barb really made for a 3/8" ID hose?

I usually see 3/16 or 1/4 so I am just wondering. I was probably going to go with 3/16 ID hose so if the description is correct I don't think I will be able to squeeze the hose on.

Thanks Ed for offering a great service.

I was about ready to get some of the SS elbow shanks on your site (http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/products/Stainless-Steel-Elbow-Shank-0102064) and was a little confused or second guessing the size in the description.

It reads:

Elbow shank used for round 3" diameter towers. Elbow soldered into shank to prevent internal leaks. Elbow barb will fit 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch tubing. The complete assembly made from stainless steel.

Is the barb really made for a 3/8" ID hose?

I usually see 3/16 or 1/4 so I am just wondering. I was probably going to go with 3/16 ID hose so if the description is correct I don't think I will be able to squeeze the hose on.

You got me there, it is a typo. It should read 3/16th. I am updating the site to reflect the proper measurements.

Thanks for asking, so I can find things like this.

Ed

Hey Ed, any thoughts of getting Bev-Seal tubing for kegorators?

From what I have found it comes in 500' reels... which I don't need 500 ft :) (I have one company that will sell me 500' reels of 1/4" ID ($117.00), 1000ft of 3/16" ID ($234.00) - though I've talked to Kal and I don't think they make 3/16" ID)

235-06620-01

Very nice website. I really like the recipe building interface, its very unique. I also appreciate the 10% discount.
I am looking forward to placing an order.

Ed, have you considered carrying the full line of micromatic regulators on the web? (If that is your distributor).

Very nice website. I really like the recipe building interface, its very unique. I also appreciate the 10% discount.
I am looking forward to placing an order.

Ed, have you considered carrying the full line of micromatic regulators on the web? (If that is your distributor).

I have considered it, and they are a distributor, but I do not use them that much. Other distibutors offer a larger variety, and better prices on a lot of things. If you see something you want I am always willing to special order anything.

Ed

Ed,
Just finished up 20 gallons. The Banjo burners ROCKED!. With your BYO sale, they were definitely worth the coin(best price I could find).
As always, thanks for your outstanding customer service and rock bottom pricing.:mug:

Ed,
Just finished up 20 gallons. The Banjo burners ROCKED!. With your BYO sale, they were definitely worth the coin(best price I could find).
As always, thanks for your outstanding customer service and rock bottom pricing.:mug:
How long did they take to deliver :confused:

This product ships directly from manufacturer. Please allow extra delivery time when ordering

Ed,

I am glad they worked well for you. It certainy seems to be a very popular burner. We have had a lot of orders for them.

Ed

All of the Bayou Classic products on the site come directly from Bayou Classic. The good news is that Bayou Classic is pretty good at getting orders out within 1 business day. The longest I have had is 2 business days, and that was only once. Bayou Classic ships UPS from Mississippi, so the transit times are similar to the times it takes for normal orders coming from Georgia.

Ed

I ordered them from Ed on Monday last week; recieved a tracking number on Tuesday; on my door on Thursday.
They were drop-shipped from the factory in Mississippi.
The grains portion was shipped from Brewmaster's Warehouse. It shipped Tuesday and were on the porch on Thursday, too.

I've probably placed 10 orders with Ed since he opened his on-line store. It's always been a fantastic experience....and you can't beat his pricing.

:mug:

A little update on some new products that we have added to the website. Some we have had requests for some are just things I thought we should carry.

Unmalted Wheat has been added to our large selection of grains.

1 Gallon Glass Jugs have been added. I am embarassed this was not on the site before, but that was my bad.

I also added a couple of new burners from Bayou Classic.

The Bayou Burner - Same Banjo Burner as the KAB4, but more sturdy construction and larger cooking surface. This one actually has enough room to safely handle a kettle.

Double Jet Cooker - This is basically the same thing as the normal jet cooker, BUT as the name suggests there are 2 Jet burners, for much faster heating.

I would like to thank everyone that have asked for the Unmalted Wheat and the 1 Gallon Glass Jugs.

Ed

Just another quick update for a porduct change. We have ran out of Rahr Standard 2-Row and are now carrying Briess 2-Row in it's place. We are keeping the price the same for the Briess as the Rahr.

I have had some requests for other types of 2-Row. I would like to hear from everyone as to whether or not you would like a specific brand of 2-Row, or perhaps even more than 1 brand of 2-Row.

Thanks,
Ed

Just another quick update for a porduct change. We have ran out of Rahr Standard 2-Row and are now carrying Briess 2-Row in it's place. We are keeping the price the same for the Briess as the Rahr.

I have had some requests for other types of 2-Row. I would like to hear from everyone as to whether or not you would like a specific brand of 2-Row, or perhaps even more than 1 brand of 2-Row.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed, I like to use Briess I find that I get better efficiency from their grains. Rahr is a close second. I prefer Briess, and I will buy whatever you carry, but it would be nice to have the choice.

Thomas Fawcett or Crisp Maris Otter?

Edit:
Anyone else?

I was talking with one of my grain suppliers and he was telling me that Munton's is considered to be better quality than Thomas Fawcett. Now this may have been his opinion, and not the actual opinion of the masses, but I thought it was interesting as I have had a few requests for a different Maltster for the Maris Otter.

Edit: He also told me that Crisp is considered the tops for Maris Otter, with Munton's being second and Fawcett a distant third.

He also told me that Crisp is considered the tops for Maris Otter, with Munton's being second and Fawcett a distant third.
So far my experience has been limited to a couple of sacks of TF&S and one sack of Muntons. I liked the TF&S better, but the Muntons could have been old or had some other storage problem. Anyone else have any experience to share?

Ed,

As far as plain old 2-row goes, whatever you can sell on the cheap is what I like. I don't brew anything too light, so the subtle flavor differences don't so much matter to me.

Thanks,
Ed

I like the Briess Pale Ale malt as a base grain.

I just received my first order for some other stuff from you the other day. It all looks good, and very fast, too. I'll definately be ordering from you again. :mug:

I will look into getting this next time I place an order. I have thought about it before, but I do not want to have too much overlap between varieties. We already have 80 different types of malt to choose from.

Ed, just wanted to comment here that I placed my first order from your store today. My best online HBS experience yet. Got shipping confirmation with tracking a few hours after placing the order.

I had an idea for your site, that I think would be cool. If the brew builder could import BeerXML files, that would be sweet.

The way I would envision it is a 'recipe import' option. Customer uploads BeerXML file. Parse the ingredients out, and show customer a screen which allows them to choose specific products you carry for each ingredient (i.e. there might be a few options for 2-row, etc). Anything you can't mach up, indicate it on this page. Have botton to add all to shopping cart.

I don't know if it is something you will implement, but I'd love to be able to export my BeerSmith recipes, and upload straight to your store for easy ordering.

Cheers! :mug:

P.S. Here's the BeerXML file for the recipe I ordered grain for today if you want to show something to your web guys to see if they can implement it.

I will look into getting this next time I place an order. I have thought about it before, but I do not want to have too much overlap between varieties. We already have 80 different types of malt to choose from.

Man, and I only bought 20 of those 80 types!

Ed, just wanted to comment here that I placed my first order from your store today. My best online HBS experience yet. Got shipping confirmation with tracking a few hours after placing the order.

I had an idea for your site, that I think would be cool. If the brew builder could import BeerXML files, that would be sweet.

The way I would envision it is a 'recipe import' option. Customer uploads BeerXML file. Parse the ingredients out, and show customer a screen which allows them to choose specific products you carry for each ingredient (i.e. there might be a few options for 2-row, etc). Anything you can't mach up, indicate it on this page. Have botton to add all to shopping cart.

I don't know if it is something you will implement, but I'd love to be able to export my BeerSmith recipes, and upload straight to your store for easy ordering.

Cheers! :mug:

P.S. Here's the BeerXML file for the recipe I ordered grain for today if you want to show something to your web guys to see if they can implement it.

This is something that has been mentioned before. I do think it is something that can be done with some work. The major hurdle is matching everything that Beersmith lists with something the store carries. Everytime Beersmith made an update we would have to go through and rematch for any changes. We would also not be able to match anything that was added by a user that is not part of the default program lists.

Man, and I only bought 20 of those 80 types!

I think that is pretty standard practice. I am a big hop head so I rarely use malts that are traditionally used in Porters, and Stouts. If you only brew to your comsumption levels I think it makes it harder to make a beer out of your wheel house. I know that I have to have a nice pipeline before I get the urge to make something I am not going to drink on a regular basis.

I gotta say, YOU GUYS ROCK ! I placed my first order with you around noon today, and less than 4 hours later, got an e mail telling me that my order has shipped ! The last order that I placed on-line, with a company that shall remain nameless(not the one that had the 50 state sale, though) it took that many DAYS to ship !
You now have a loyal customer. Thanks.

This is something that has been mentioned before. I do think it is something that can be done with some work. The major hurdle is matching everything that Beersmith lists with something the store carries. Everytime Beersmith made an update we would have to go through and rematch for any changes. We would also not be able to match anything that was added by a user that is not part of the default program lists.

Another option would be to give people a way to put your grains in to beer smith and use them to build the recipe. You still might have the occasional adjunct not found, but my main desire is to have a quick way to add grains/hops to my cart in a certain amount. If I have to track down sweet orange peel or coriander separately, I wouldn't mind, as long as it indicates it was 'not found' automatically. You might even be able to provide a download to BeerSmith users to import all ingredients from BMW in to BeerSmith. Maybe preface those ingredients in BeerSmith with BMW for easy identification. Just thinking out loud. I think it would be really handy.

I gotta say, YOU GUYS ROCK ! I placed my first order with you around noon today, and less than 4 hours later, got an e mail telling me that my order has shipped ! The last order that I placed on-line, with a company that shall remain nameless(not the one that had the 50 state sale, though) it took that many DAYS to ship !
You now have a loyal customer. Thanks.

Thanks a lot. I am glad you gave us a try.

Ed

Back