Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first order from BMW last week, and brewed the two batches on Sunday.

Good prices, quick and easy delivery, and they're the only ones who had all the grains I needed for my two brews. Thanks!

A hop update. We have officially ran out of Simcoe PELLETS. They are in short supply this crop year, and we have sold out of all of ours. As of today we are replacing the Simcoe PELLETS, with Simcoe Whole Leaf hops.

Just want to add another shout out to BMW's awesome crush. Brewed my 11 gallons of APA yesterday and got 85% mash efficiency! :rockin:

Hello,

I love your site and you guys have awesome shipping and inventory. I just have one complaint, that didn't affect me to much this time but potentially could on a future batch or affect someone else's batch.

The hop AA levels listed in your brew builder and the AA levels of the hops shipped to me are different:
US saaz: Listed at 4.5 and received 5.8
german Hallertau: listed at 3.8 and received 4.0
Amarillo: listed at 10.3 and received 9.6
Horizon: listed at 8.5 and received 8

These three batches had low IBU's and the actual numbers didn't change my final targets but if I used more hops it could potentially throw some numbers off quite a bit.

Thanks for all the awesome service and this open venue for feedback!!

Hello,

I love your site and you guys have awesome shipping and inventory. I just have one complaint, that didn't affect me to much this time but potentially could on a future batch or affect someone else's batch.

The hop AA levels listed in your brew builder and the AA levels of the hops shipped to me are different:
US saaz: Listed at 4.5 and received 5.8
german Hallertau: listed at 3.8 and received 4.0
Amarillo: listed at 10.3 and received 9.6
Horizon: listed at 8.5 and received 8

These three batches had low IBU's and the actual numbers didn't change my final targets but if I used more hops it could potentially throw some numbers off quite a bit.

Thanks for all the awesome service and this open venue for feedback!!

Thanks for the feedback. We are one of the few retailers that tries to post the actual AA% for all of our hops. AA% changes from package to package, and it looks like we have been slack in keeping up with the changes. I fixed those hops you mentioned, and we will try to stay on top of the rest.

Thanks,

Ed

DogFace_Brewing said:
Placed my first order just 2 minutes ago with BMW....lets see how fast it gets to Chicago compared to Midwestsupplies...if they can beat the shipping times with standard shipping I found a new supplier!!

On a side note...I would like to see more pictures in the website. Seems to me that 50% of them have no image...just sayin.

Well it is now 2 days later and my order is still pending and I have not even received a email stating my order was placed. Do these guys not work on weekends? Looks like I won't get my order this week since I assume they won't ship till Tuesday. How has everyone been liking this company compare to the bigger guys? Thinking I should of stuck with Midwest Supplies

Well it is now 2 days later and my order is still pending and I have not even received a email stating my order was placed. Do these guys not work on weekends? Looks like I won't get my order this week since I assume they won't ship till Tuesday. How has everyone been liking this company compare to the bigger guys? Thinking I should of stuck with Midwest Supplies

They don't send out order confirmation emails (but you can always review your order on the BMW site). You'll get an email when your order is shipped, it'll include the tracking number - your order will stay "pending" until this time, so it's possible it'll be shipped out first thing Monday. Also, I've never ordered from Midwest, but from what I've seen elsewhere, 2-3 business days is a pretty standard length of time for processing orders. Read through this thread, people are very happy with BMW, myself included. Hope this helps.

If you placed your order on Saturday which was 2 days ago then there is a very good chance it will ship out today (Monday) and be to you in Chicago on Wednesday. We do not ship orders over the weekend since no one picks them on on the weekend. As Doctor Duvel stated pending just means your order has not shipped as of yet. If you would like some more specific information regarding your order I would just need your order ID.

Thanks,

Ed

If you placed your order on Saturday which was 2 days ago then there is a very good chance it will ship out today (Monday) and be to you in Chicago on Wednesday. We do not ship orders over the weekend since no one picks them on on the weekend. As Doctor Duvel stated pending just means your order has not shipped as of yet. If you would like some more specific information regarding your order I would just need your order ID.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks Ed...I am keeping the faith :O)

I will second the excellent turnaround on orders, the only issue I have ever had was an out of stock item, in which contact was made quickly, what was in stock was shipped, and soon after, the remaining part of the order was sent. I usually order on a Saturday, and recieve items by wednesday :)

benbradford said:
I will second the excellent turnaround on orders, the only issue I have ever had was an out of stock item, in which contact was made quickly, what was in stock was shipped, and soon after, the remaining part of the order was sent. I usually order on a Saturday, and recieve items by wednesday :)

Great to know....guess I was a little impatient hehehe I will trust everyone's word and they do have excellent prices

Just wanted to post a note that I placed my first order with Brewmasters Warehouse last night, and already received an email that my order shipped. I love the Brew Builder (I created a Lagunitas IPA recipe as directed from the head brewer). I also love that you can add partial ounces of grain to your cart. I only wish we could do it for hops! But I understand why that's a lot more difficult.

I've ordered from AHS also, as well as my local LHBS. The tough part is picking who to order from with all of the great stores out there!

Just wanted to post a note that I placed my first order with Brewmasters Warehouse last night, and already received an email that my order shipped. I love the Brew Builder (I created a Lagunitas IPA recipe as directed from the head brewer). I also love that you can add partial ounces of grain to your cart. I only wish we could do it for hops! But I understand why that's a lot more difficult.

I've ordered from AHS also, as well as my local LHBS. The tough part is picking who to order from with all of the great stores out there!

That's why I brew so often! Share the love! :mug:

I placed an order a couple of hours ago and I just got an email saying it shipped. Thanks for the fast shipping!

Brewmasters Warehouse said:

Thanks,

Ed

Ok Ed....you win and I apologize for the above comment. Just like you said I got my order today. Great job you won another customer! Look forward to giving you more business

Hey Ed, any chance you'll be getting Briess Midnight Wheat? I'd like to keep you as my only online supply, and I suspect you'd like that too. Thanks.

I'd like to try Midnight Wheat, too. Please add 2 # to my cart. when you stock it, of course. :mug:

Hey Ed, any chance you'll be getting Briess Midnight Wheat? I'd like to keep you as my only online supply, and I suspect you'd like that too. Thanks.

It is a series malt so it is not available all year round. I may be able to find some for you.

As a question though I would like to ask what do you guys perceive to be the big difference between the Briess Midnight Wheat and Weyermann Chocolate Wheat (which we do carry). Both are malted wheat that has been roasted to a nice dark color. Some variation in color, but the lack of astringent flavors associated with the roasting has more to do with the fact that it is roasted wheat (ie no husks) than something special Briess is doing that Weyermann is not. The Midnight Wheat is a way cooler name I will give you that.

Thanks,

Ed

It is a series malt so it is not available all year round. I may be able to find some for you.

As a question though I would like to ask what do you guys perceive to be the big difference between the Briess Midnight Wheat and Weyermann Chocolate Wheat (which we do carry). Both are malted wheat that has been roasted to a nice dark color. Some variation in color, but the lack of astringent flavors associated with the roasting has more to do with the fact that it is roasted wheat (ie no husks) than something special Briess is doing that Weyermann is not. The Midnight Wheat is a way cooler name I will give you that.

Thanks,

Ed

Meh. I like the name.

Seriously, I'll give the Weyermann a shot. Thanks

Thanks,

Ed

You're right. I saw the other wheat in your wheat malts and didn't notice that the chocolate wheat was much higher lovibond.

I'll give it a try. I'm guessing there is not any diff.

Thanks. I'm going to start using this in place of carafa II. Hope it works out.

Brewmasters is my new go-to online retailer for homebrew. I have used several other sites, most good, but brewmasters is the best. I ordered Wednesday morning, they shipped out my order Wed. afternoon at it is due to arrive on long island Friday. Great quality, good prices, by far the best shipping.

Who designed the brewmasters site it's nice and I need some website redesign! Please pm me the name of the company or individual

I live local but not able to make it to the store in time to brew this weekend so ordered on Monday, arrived by Wed, the flat rate makes it worth it. Thanks Ed! :tank:

Did you save this recipe out on Brew Builder? Had this at a bar (lucky me as it was one of only 2 crafts on tap) and really liked it. Great balance between malt, hops and aroma.

Brewmasters warehouse rocks!

Latest posts

Back