Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ed, another idea could be to have an item that sells for $0.00 called "Do not crush grain please"

Put it in the grain category. Though, profiles sound easier.

Hey Ed, another idea could be to have an item that sells for $0.00 called "Do not crush grain please"

Put it in the grain category. Though, profiles sound easier.

Here is what the alpha version of the new cart looks like.

cart.jpg

Thanks again for the great customer service Ed!!

That is my pleasure and just what we do.

On a side note. I get a lot of requests for prize donations for homebrew club competitions. Unforutnately I receive a lot more requests for prizes than I can donate to, and they always come as some sort of form email. If you are part of a club having a competition please let me know apart from the form letter that gets sent to every HBS. This would help me greatly in deciding what competitions I can donate to, and what ones I can not.

Thanks,

Ed

i just placed my first order, but i don't want my grains crushed. my order number is a479e268. should i send an email on that?

This pic also falls under the category I should not post this yet, but what the hell. A little teaser about the new look interface of the Brew Builder. This is straight from the web guys, and I have not even played with this updated interface yet.

bb2.png

looks good ed, though i noticed the search is gone (though maybe just from the screen shot or from the brew builder page).

Can't wait to see it live.

Email Ed and get a response in under 2 minutes :) Freaking amazing service. It's nice to have service like that in this day of lowered expectations.

Thanks
John

One thing I never understood about the BB was the FG option?
I'm guessing with the new ability to save recipes you could append that info after fermentation.. so maybe its a placeholder for that functionality?

One thing I never understood about the BB was the FG option?
I'm guessing with the new ability to save recipes you could append that info after fermentation.. so maybe its a placeholder for that functionality?

The FG calculation is dependent on the yeast being used. The yeast manufacters give a range for the attenuation, and the Brew Builder uses the average of those figures to arrive at the expected FG. The actual numbers will be different based on a number of different factors. The realilty behind it all is the figures are just a best guess as there is no absolute way to predict everything that will happen during fermentation. There is an author comment section (not shown on the screen shot) when you save a recipe for you to add things like mash temp, additional ingredients not available through the site, and other notes you would like to add. You can easily add things like the actual OG/FG.

Ah, that makes sense!

Since I typically use the inventory of dry yeast on-hand, I probably never noticed that value changing when yeast is added to the recipe.

Cool stuff, now quit teasing! When does this go liveeeee?!!!

Ah, that makes sense!

Since I typically use the inventory of dry yeast on-hand, I probably never noticed that value changing when yeast is added to the recipe.

Cool stuff, now quit teasing! When does this go liveeeee?!!!

No exact date as of yet. I should be playing/testing it today or tomorrow. Since it has already been tested heavily by the web guys my testing may not take very long, and I can open it up to a more public beta test.

That looks great. I like the brew builder as it is, but this would really make it a lot easier. Thanks for the thought y'all are putting into this!

No exact date as of yet. I should be playing/testing it today or tomorrow. Since it has already been tested heavily by the web guys my testing may not take very long, and I can open it up to a more public beta test.

waiting...waiting...:D

Either I'm missing it or you don't stock it...what's your status on Chocolate Rye?

No worries...probably wouldn't fly off the shelves. I'm tinkering around with a rye recipe and I'm not even sure I'll use it. I'll see if not-so-local HBS has some next time I buzz through Dallas.

That's revolutionary stuff Ed! Friggin' awesome. I see a lot of people experimenting with a lot of different styles with that .. the knowledge alone is pretty cool about various styles etc. Most websites you go to for homebrewing stuff you have to already know what you want and need. I'm pretty new to brewing to styles so this should really help. Anywho I'm sure this will help attract new folks that end up on your site and solidify the repeat business of all the other people who have already ordered from you. Congrats, I know there must be a TON of work put into that.

-Niko-

Chocolate rye is an excellent stout grain... spicy and roasty!

I have used it before, and will post a recipe when I get it dialed in. The two I have now are my top ones!

I have been playing around with the new Brew Builder. I think you guys will be floored by the new interface and features. There is a possibility that we can open the new site to beta testing sometime next week.

That's revolutionary stuff Ed! Friggin' awesome. I see a lot of people experimenting with a lot of different styles with that .. the knowledge alone is pretty cool about various styles etc. Most websites you go to for homebrewing stuff you have to already know what you want and need. I'm pretty new to brewing to styles so this should really help. Anywho I'm sure this will help attract new folks that end up on your site and solidify the repeat business of all the other people who have already ordered from you. Congrats, I know there must be a TON of work put into that.

-Niko-

Thanks Niko! I always wanted our website to be next generation cool, and although we have had a ton of positive remarks about the current site I always knew that there was so much more to do. There is a lot more planned for the future as well. There was a metric TON of work that went into the site, but I am just the idea man behind it. The webguys are really the ones that have went above and beyond to make the new Brew Builder the coolest thing on the web IMHO. Of course I am no where near unbiased.

We received the foil bags for insulating yeast to help keep them cold. The first customer shipments using them went out on Tuesday. I am interested to hear some feedback about the new packaging. So if you have received an order using one of the bags please let me know what you think. I know that they can not possibly be worse than just a ziplock bag with an icepack in it.

interesting if not off topic. I was playing with this shipping calculator and noticed that flat rate shipping dropped of right at 455 lbs. Not that I would even dream of ordering that much I just thought it was an interesting random fact. 454 lbs shipps for 6.99 while 455 ships to me in VA for 1001.82.

Any way, love the site and have highly recommended it to my brew club!

I would just be sure to break up my orders into 454 pound chunks. :D

Thankfully no one has had to endure breaking their orders up into 454 lb increments to get the 6.99 shipping. We have had several orders with over 300 lbs of grains, so we have gotten close.

Back