BrewJacket Immersion working on a new Fermenter that can cool and heat! !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2trout

Reaction score
There is a new Kickstarter from the folks at Brewjacket for the "Immersion Pro". It is the same basic design of their current fermentation control but adds the ability to raise fermentation temps as well as lower fermentation temps. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/433436998/immersion-pro-complete-homebrew-fermentation-syste Im already backing this, but they added a package deal for 3 immersion pros that is pretty good.

Ive been planning to invest in fermentation temp control for a while now, and have been interested in the Brewjacket Immersion fermentation system. Yes, it is more expensive than various DIY fermenters. However, space is an issue for me. The ability to control fermentation temps within the foot print of the fermentation vessel itself has real value in my case.

I found that today and pledged for the get-it-now kit with the conical jacket.

Get it now for flat bottomed fermenters was my choice. But the 3 Immersion Pros for $199 ea is the best deal if you have two friends and can wait for September.

Yeah I considered that but I don't have even on other local Brewer who I know who would put the money up now to pay off in September. Kind of annoying that they didn't just extend the Kickstarter rate without the bundles really

Ive read a few negative things, primarily that some folks expected it to cool hot wort to pitching temp. It does not seemed to be designed for that.

No it's designed to control fermentation temps. The stuff I've read from people who use them properly suggests that they do this pretty well. I'm mainly interested in the footprint advantages myself, I don't have room for a fermentation chamber and a kegerator, especially when the ferm chamber would only get used for a week out of most months.

The stuff I've read from people who use them properly suggests that they do this pretty well. I'm mainly interested in the footprint advantages myself, I don't have room for a fermentation chamber and a kegerator, especially when the ferm chamber would only get used for a week out of most months.

This has been my finding as well. I do intent to comment on my own experience with the current model when it arrives, as well as the experience with the "pro" modification in October.

I think so long as you understand what it does then you'll be just fine. Be interested to hear your experiences.

I'm pretty excited myself, the timing should work out very well for me. The cooling only unit is all I will need for ales in the garage in NC summer, then the ability to heat will be a bonus when the weather starts cooling off in fall.

Likewise. It's a much better solution for my needs than a glycol circulating system

Latest posts

Back