Brewing sanitizers brands???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarineRedneck

Reaction score
I see on here with bleach and things with cleaning. But my question is what is the most cost effective and great for the money on a sanitizer? We started with the powder cleaner given in a kit, and now that we are almost out I am trying to find something that works great, cleans with ease, and is worth the money for it. If anyone could help me out that would be great. :mug:

From what I have been told clearers and sanitizers are two separate things. I use PBW or oxyclean to clean fermenters and other equipment. After I clean the equipment I use starsan to sanitize everything that comes in contact with the wort. I use starsan just because it came highly recommended. You can mix a batch and it keeps for a while. DON'T FEAR THE FOAM

Awesome, thanks for clearing up the two different steps of Cleaning and Sanitizing. And I see its all around good thing with StarSan

Back