Brewing my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyp1980

Reaction score
Last 15 min of boiling as we speak getting ready to drop the last of my hops...got my homemade chiller on stand by...will post pics when im finished....the smell is intoxicating....love hops...cheers!

oh and my buddy grows hops and he places 1 cascade, or a piece of one, in each bottle when he bottles... yummy

wort chiller is beyond amazing brought temp down from 212 ish down to 118 in like 2 min lol....PUMPED!!

The whole brewing experience is done, everything went according to plan. Only issue if there was one was a little burn at the bottom of the kettle but wasnt done during the steeping. starting OG is 1.06, smells great. sleeping in ferment bucket a starting temp of mid 60s house thermometer kept at 65. and now......i wait... pics to follow.

My first brewing experience pics

beer.jpg

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

beer3.jpg

beer4.jpg

Before i put the cap on
beer5.jpg

Hopefully everything comes out ok will keep updates on how this baby turns out..thanks for all the help and advice..:mug:

After just about the seven day mark I put a bottle in the fridge just to gauge where my beautiful fist batch was at. Moderate carbonation and damn was it tasty. For an IPA it's beyond my wildest dreams lol. It's right up there taste wise like a hops devil. Amazing considering I boiled it down a tad further and dry hopped it. I'm saving this recipe and will improve on it. Perhaps an extra pound of fermentable sugar and make it imperial or something. Thank you for to all of you and to this website for giving me a massive amount of info to cram my brain with.

Back