Brewing in Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bromley

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd been wanting to do some home brewing after watching my dad when I was a kid. Finally got settled down enough to where I can do some. I've got two batches in bottle. An American Pale Ale, a Robust Stout, and a Northern English Brown Ale. My Scotch Ale is still plugging away in the primary thanks to some friendly advice here on the forum. I've got a light summer brew planned for this weekend.

This seems to be a great place for information.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome and good luck with your first brews. Lots of helpfull info and people here in this community. :)

Cheers,

Welcome fellow Michigander! Be prepared....it can get very addicting. Lately, if I have an empty carboy, I feel that I have to have something fermenting in it. Then I realized, I need another secondary so I have somewhere to put this. I've doubled my fermenters in the last couple weeks!!

What part of MI you from?

I know the feeling. I bought a second fermenter this week. The only thing stopping me from brewing every weekend is cash. I'm sticking to extracts for now and the heavier, high SG brews can get kind of pricey.

I'm in Greenville. Half hour, northeast of Grand Rapids. Moved down here from da UP almost a year ago.

Back