Brewing in a jacuzi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bockinstein

Reaction score
We never use this jacuzzi room anymore so why not:D. I closed off the vent and it stayes 65 in here all winter. 45 gallons so far and it makes clean up easy. Sure am glad I got a good wife.

jacuzzi 002.jpg

jacuzzi 001.jpg

With the window being right there, couldn't light be an issue? I was told that light will spoil beer and you should ferment in a dark place like a closet. Is this old school thinking?

I haven't graduated to all grain yet. This is batch no. 9 and the first time I ever poured a batch on top of a yeast cake. came back 2 hours later and it was putting like a lawnmower. Fastest startup I ever had, faster than the yeast starters I used. But I am still new at this.

Brewcuzzi. Thats a good one.

I pull the curtains and it stays pretty dark in there. Wife made them out of some thick stuff.

Water jug? yep! Did some research on that via this forum, no worries.

This thread has one of the best headlines I've ever read.

I used in a spare bathtub myself before I built a fermentation chamber...you're right it is REALLY easy to clean up if you have blowoff issues!

As far as your water jugs go- does a normal betterbottle stopper fit in the opening or do you have to get a different size?

Hate to say it. but I read the other day that jacuzzi are one of the worst things to put into a house, I never use mine, waste of space.

When I read the title, I thought you were literally brewing in the jacuzi.

Had me excited for a second, but still a solid spot for fermentation!

Hate to say it. but I read the other day that jacuzzi are one of the worst things to put into a house, I never use mine, waste of space.

Yep as soon as the new wears off they don't get much use. i think it's a convience thing. It takes too long to fill them up.

I've threatened to tear mine out, but now I gotta rethink that.

I figured out long ago that even if you are going to use a jacuzzi, a Hot Tub is a better investment, the water is always hot, and with 220 they cost little to run. They are also much simpler to work on should the need arise.

Back