Brewing for Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takedown

Reaction score
Hey all, I first wanted to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is shared here. I have been poking around here for almost a year and have seen my confidence and know how grow exponentially.

After all that time I figure I’m about due for an introduction. I’m one of a few Alaska brewers on here (if your from ak let me know!) and I live in Anchorage. I’m a professional fishing guide and am extremely active in a smaller seafood company. I have completed about 10, 5gallon batches and the last couple have been PM. I am in the beginning state of acquiring All Grain equipment. I love how this little hobby of “I’ll brew for fun and save money” into a crazy obsession.

Thanks again, hope to hear from some of ya and have a great brew weekend.
kevin

Welcome to HBT! (even though you've been here for a long time)

BTW, you need to post a lot more. Maybe you can take lessons from some of our more famous post whores. :D

I'm not in Anchorage but it is my hometown and my family still lives there. ;)

Hello from North Pole, AK. I am still doing extract brews but I did a small partial mash on my last stout to try to get some flaked barley in there. It isn't close to done yet so we will see if I make the move yet...

Anyways, I have a summer brew lined up for this evening. So there is going to be at least 10 more gallons brewed in the state before the night is through.

Good brew day to you too,

Dan

Also from Anchorage. Just got done brewing a Rogue Chocolate Stout Clone with bottle harvested Pacman yeast. Switched to all grain about 20 batches ago.

Where are you a fishing guide at? Me and a few friends are going to put together a king trip on the Kenai this year.

Also from Anchorage. Just got done brewing a Rogue Chocolate Stout Clone with bottle harvested Pacman yeast. Switched to all grain about 20 batches ago.

Where are you a fishing guide at? Me and a few friends are going to put together a king trip on the Kenai this year.

I'm really looking forward to moving over to AG. I guide out of Seward, have a wonderful trip on the kenai i love that river, never made it for kings yet

Back