brewing 10 litre batch with 15 litre kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElezEspana

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am looking to start doing the BIAB method, but need some help with capacity.

Without buying any more equipment, it is possible to brew a 10-litre (2 gallon) batch in my 15-litre kettle?

I know how to convert the ingredients down, but just need to know if the 15-litre capacity is enough to brew a 10-litre batch.

Thanks

You can but you probably won't be able to do a full volume BIAB mash. I would use about 10L of strike water for 3kg of grain. After mashing, remove and rinse the grain bag until you have about 12L of total volume. After boiling for an hour you should end up with a final volume of 10L.

Thanks, cwis86, I will give this a go.

This is my Urn. Hopefully, it will work with this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZPCP...BfgPZZAh565rWs0L4BCPXqjDUi0jP53gPCdw5RnaTQPrE
Thanks.

You can but you probably won't be able to do a full volume BIAB mash. I would use about 10L of strike water for 3kg of grain. After mashing, remove and rinse the grain bag until you have about 12L of total volume. After boiling for an hour you should end up with a final volume of 10L.

Latest posts

Back