Brewin' in the RTP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorax429

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Matt and I live in North Carolina near the RTP area. I am getting back into brewing after a long absence. Just dabbled before, but now I am older, wiser, and I like to think a bit smarter. I decided I am ready to get back into it and do so more seriously this time. Getting ready to have my first brew day this Friday and I am looking forward to it. I already got a whole bunch of great tips and info just browsing around here. This place is an amazing resource. Starting off with a extract brew from a kit to get re-acclimated to the process but am already planning out a recipe for my next batch.

Two great tips I already picked up from this place that I will be using on Friday. Steep the specialty grains at a low volume and boil at the highest volume you can accommodate. I have a large enough brew pot to do a full boil so that's the plan.

A little bit more about me. My two biggest hobbies currently are Cigars (more of an obsession really) and riding my motorcycle. I am also a father of two great kids and enjoy spending a lot of time with them and my lovely wife. I like to keep busy so I figured what the hay, lets brew some too.... :D

Back