Brewin' in Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rags

Reaction score
I've been on the HBT for about a month. Great site, great people. I saw an interesting rant from Revvy about being pigeonholed after a fellow noob was wondering what the "home brewer" stereotype was. And so I thought I would say something about myself here to show the variety of people who get into this. Here are some thoughts about myself in no particular order.

1. I'm not a big beer fan, but I'm brewing beer. Now that has to be unusual.
2. I've got cider brewing, and looking forward to trying to brew some wine.
3. I'm an attorney, in the commercial mortgage finance business.
4. I'm 46, been with my wife about 23 years.
5. I love to play squash.
6. I saw my brother in law brewing cider and I said "I have to get into this!"
7. I love food. Love grilling, love going to restaurants. I really like to cook.
8. I read stuff on the internet all the time, but have trouble reading books.
9. I have two older BMWs. Not a hands on car guy, but I love my cars.
10. I watch a lot of football on Sundays.
11. My wife and I have 4 dogs. I love my dogs.
12. I heat my house with a pellet stove.

I wonder if ANY of these things define me. But I think you get a picture of someone by how they pass their time. Although living in the city with a high stakes job, I always think of myself as a country boy. I envy the simple life, and I think home brewing, grilling, cooking, and burning pellets in the fireplace is part of my attempt to connect with that.

Anyway, that's my intro!

Welcome man. Nice to know some of the interesting details about you. Just goes to show, you can't pigeon hole anybody. Everyone is unique - that is what makes life interesting.

I wasn't sure if he was referring to the upcoming Superbowl or the NFC Championship. :D

Latest posts

Back