Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the theoretical math proves out, maybe I'm just too much of a chicken to run a 15a at max continuously for 45-60 minutes. There's a reason most US appliances top out at 12.5 amps, or 1500 watts.

Better tell that to my wife, who uses a 1900W hairblower for what seems like hours at a time...

I got an email this morning from Brewie, stated as such with the attached pictures. Neat!

Dear Friend of Brewie,

We are glad to share with you our engineers’ latest report from Taiwan. We are proud to announce that the process goes just as we planned - with every day we are getting closer to the Mass Produtcion.

Thanks for all the positive replies you sent us in the last days. They are really supportive as we are almost in the finish line.

During the last weeks we did the necessary preparations for the Product Validation Test (PVT) – which has already started! Thanks to the last developments of the assembly lines, we will be able to manufacture 10 more Brewies than we planned – it means by the end of PVT we will have the first 40 machines ready.

And now a sneak peak at the factory…

<pictures>

Also, we are still waiting for a few answers for the survey. Don&#8217;t forget to fill it, as we need these information for the shipping! Click here for the questions.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers,
Gabriella & The Brewie Team

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

unnamed4.jpg

I got an email this morning from Brewie, stated as such with the attached pictures. Neat!

Dear Friend of Brewie,

We are glad to share with you our engineers’ latest report from Taiwan. We are proud to announce that the process goes just as we planned - with every day we are getting closer to the Mass Produtcion.

Thanks for all the positive replies you sent us in the last days. They are really supportive as we are almost in the finish line.

During the last weeks we did the necessary preparations for the Product Validation Test (PVT) – which has already started! Thanks to the last developments of the assembly lines, we will be able to manufacture 10 more Brewies than we planned – it means by the end of PVT we will have the first 40 machines ready.

And now a sneak peak at the factory…

<pictures>

Also, we are still waiting for a few answers for the survey. Don’t forget to fill it, as we need these information for the shipping! Click here for the questions.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers,
Gabriella & The Brewie Team

Looks promising and hope we start seeing these in the wild soon

Could be... at least 3 months in best case scenario!

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I'll take a later delivery if it makes a better product tbh. I just don't want it to be vaporware, or they ask for more money or something.

Most recent text update: (I can't post the pics from my device right now so someone feel free to do that)

It is time to check on our colleagues in Taiwan, right? Luckily, we have just received their weekly summary about last week with some amazing photos.

The Pilot Production will end in a few days. During that our team checked each and every part of the machine. Also, the entire process of the manufacturing had been inspected. According to their report, the last modifications were the following: they picked more durable hoses, managed to fasten the software and finalized the coating for Brewie.

It means, we can start the Mass Production soon!

Last edited:
My most recent issue of Brew Your Own has a huge review on over a dozen automated brew machines. There are so many more options then I had previously thought.

I'll say from their little diagram of options that the Brewie (although costly) looks like what I'm looking for.

A few others do everything that looks great about Brewie, but are only 1.3 gallons. Then there are a few that are over 5 gallons, but are much bigger (probably not used in the kitchen).

That being said, Brewie is on the higher end of the price range.

Sorry should've clarified. That is for new orders. So I'm assuming pre orders would be sooner

Jubilee, exactly a year ago i placed a preorder, with an estimated delivery for January 2016.
One year later, and the even the newest estimated delivery is not clear.

Looking back i am really glad, that i pulled out in spring and got my money refunded.

Looking forward for the first review videos, if brewie will eventually deliver.

Got an update mail from Brewie today, there were a few pictures that look pretty good too:

Dear Friend of Brewie,

This is Andrew Tel, the CTO of Brewie speaking to you right from Taiwan. It&#8217;s the first update you get directly from me.

I&#8217;m really happy to announce that the Mass Production of Brewie has started! We&#8217;ve been here already for one month making sure that everything goes smoothly during the Mass Production. We checked every single step of the manufacturing process and every single tool that the factory uses and I can assure that you&#8217;re going to receive an amazing product very soon!

I&#8217;m sorry that we kept you waiting for such a long time, the reason is that we didn&#8217;t want you to receive a half-ready product. Instead of this we worked really hard on making every single detail perfect.

So let me show you why I believe that your machine is going to be awesome&#8230;

Software Update
We know that it&#8217;s impossible to ship a perfect software with the machine, therefore we made sure that every single bit stored on the machine can be updated easily through our On-The-Air Update interface.

Quality Assurance
In order to assure that every machine we manufacture is perfect, we created several test machines. With these we tested all the functions of Brewie, stored the data by serial numbers so it will be easy to identify all the problems that may occur.

Amazing outlook
Honestly, Brewie looks stunning. The cover is brushed stainless steel that has a film on it in order to prevent fingerprints and it also ensures that it&#8217;s easy to clean. The electrolyzed logo and hop tank markings are also high-quality. A special treatment we applied on the tanks creates a chromium-oxide layer which assures that you&#8217;re never going to experience rusting or discoloration on Brewie.

Temperature sensing has never been this good
Thanks to the new sensor design we managed to reach the +/- 0.75 accuracy on an absolute scale which is the best ever achieved on any homebrewing kit. Our digital thermometers have been calibrated by laser trimming in the factory (where the sensors are made) and we also developed a very efficient heat transfer system.

Long-life parts
We tested our parts for life expectancy and it turned out that it&#8217;s impossible to destroy them. Our custom made pumps has been running for more than 100 batches and the self-developed valves survived 20 000 open-close cycle and none of them showed any signs of failure.

Best accessories
We&#8217;ve been spending a lot of time with choosing the most appropriate accessories you get alongside Brewie. The mashing bag is going to be a high quality foodgrade material with strong sewing and good water permeability in order to get long life and high efficiency. The sanitizer is the best you can get on the market and the detergent can remove all the contamination from the tube system.

Good drainage
We redesigned the tanks and the tube system in a way that almost all of the wort can drain after brewing. Thanks to this we can minimize both the wort loss and the chance of infection in the tube system. It also makes the cleaning much easier.

The fastest cooling ever
By upgrading the cooling system, the machine is able to cool down the wort in a really short time &#8211; from 100°C to the cooling water temperature + 5°C the cooling time is always under 15 minutes under all circumstances. We even measured a record of 9.5 minutes.

Sedimentation
The machine lets the wort settle after the brewing process in order to make the wort much cleaner. Unfortunately, whirlpooling is not easy to make in a small machine, but sedimentation has the same effect and it can be almost as efficient as whirlpooling.

I waited as long as I could. I ordered a Braumeister v2 - 20L yesterday.
I hope the Brewie does well. It should be a fun brew friend from what I have seen.

I will be ordering one as soon as they can tell me more abot the import tax in Europe. I have been following Brewie since I first saw an ad in June 2016 and am very excited to see it will be on the market soon.

Email update from them today:

Dear Friend of Brewie,

Glad to report that our engineers arrived safe back in Hungary a few days ago! They brought us incredible news: they were the first ones to meet the first Brewies of the Mass Production. What is even better: they managed to manufacture a machine with more functions and better attributions. It means you will receive a high-quality homebrewing machine which is unique on the market. What is even better? Soon we will be able to give you the proper shipping dates.

With this newsletter we would like to invite you to meet Brewie and taste the beer brewed with it at Nürnberg! We would be happy to see you at the BrauBeviale, Messe Nürnberg. Save the date: 8 November &#8211; 10 November.

"managed to manufacture a machine with more functions and better attributions..."?? WTH does that mean?

And if machines are being produced for distribution, they should be very clear on delivery dates. Heck, give a date that is further out than you expect, then surprise people when you beat it. Dunno, my skepticism is going up, not down. I want to see a machine like this available soon - but these guys just don't seem to understand there is a customer at the end of the line. I hope their engineering skills are decent because their management skills certainly aren't.

They modified the design at the factory. Either immediately before or during production ... Probably more for streamlining production or making it more economical to produce rather than improving performance though.

Brewie: Start communicating with us!

I just checked the brewie FB page:
"Brewie: Hi Drew, we will start the delivery in the end of October - this means the machines will be shipped this year.
1 · 3. Oktober um 16:26"

End of October is gone by 11 days - did start delivery? (I know the answer is no)

So please stop effing around and place an official delivery date for preorders, an official delivery date for other orders and stick to the date.

Little by little I'm getting pretty upset and worried again. Gabriella started her job really well and communicated with us. Now when the shipping was supposed to start, but obviously did not, they went radio silence again. Not good!!! Whats's the problem?

They are targeting shipping this year. That's going to be December according to those that talked to the Brewie guys in Nürnberg. They also said the machine looked fantastic - for what it's worth :)

I hate to wait but still...

Hi guys,

I attended the Braubeviale in Nuremberg on Wednesday. Gabriella was there and very eager to answer any questions. I tasted one of their ales (they had three beers in party kegs) which was alright. Sadly it wasn't cooled and I 'm not a big fan of ales at room temperature. Still, the machine looked better than the one I saw & used during the first demo a while back in Sonthofen. The display seemed very responsive and crystal clear (there's nothing worse than displays where you can count the pixels).
They had one recipe on the machine as a demo recipe which was also an ale. Nice graphic, very intuitive to start the brewing process.
I have not, however, seen the final versions of the Brewie unit with laser etched hop chambers etc. Those were still in transit as of this week.
It was also mentioned, that the first batch will be delivered this year (I have no idea how many devices this is) to some backers & reviewers/press, the rest early next year.

They really seemed to be on track with things and quite confident in their product. There was also a lot of interest from people passing by. The Braubeviale, however, is aimed mainly at industry professionals, so there are lots of full sized breweries on display, packaging robots etc. So the Brewie team probably didn't run into a lot of backers.

IMG_9703.jpg

Back