Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right, I was in fact asking about treating water from the auto water inlet. I do make Pilsner and usually have to buy in water to do it as no treatment will make my water match that water profile.

Having to add water manually takes the shine off the system.

Aamcle

Hello Guys!
We can understand your concerns and admit we should improve our communication. Therefore, we will have a new collegue from August who will focus on it as we are involved in many other areas.
Cheers

Posted: 21.7.2016

Another month passed without updates.....

So I try it again:

- What is the estimated release date?
- Has production started yet?
- Is remote control per app still a feature? Or was it skipped, since it s no longer seen in any videos.
- Can you post a video where we can see a boil? There are lot of concerns, that heating power is not adequate enough.
- Why is the ability to post comments on brewie's FB inactive?
- What is the refund policy, if the product is not produced by end of October (one year after closing the indiegogo campaign).
- And last but most important: why this reluctance to communicate with backers, and possible customers?

A quick Brewie question, how do you do your water treatment? What about when you household water supply is very hard?

Thanks. Aamcle

Hello there!

You can attach water filters at the water input at the back of the machine.

Best,
Csaba

- What is the estimated release date? It is late October/ early November when we can start shipping.
- Has production started yet? We are about to start pilot production this month.
- Is remote control per app still a feature? Or was it skipped, since it s no longer seen in any videos. We are developing the app and shoud be ready by the launch.
- Can you post a video where we can see a boil? There are lot of concerns, that heating power is not adequate enough. Here it is: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3GY2ZswdY[/ame]
- Why is the ability to post comments on brewie's FB inactive? You can comment on any of our posts.
- What is the refund policy, if the product is not produced by end of October (one year after closing the indiegogo campaign). You can ask for your refund, of course. We are working hard to start shipping this fall.
- And last but most important: why this reluctance to communicate with backers, and possible customers?[/quote] We are not reluctant to communicate but we can agree with you that communication needs to improve. We have new a collegue who will focus on it

Best, Csaba

I guess, technically, it counts as a post? Why, out of all the questions and concern, did you attempt to only answer the simplest, least concerning question on this board?

And your answer was misleading, if not entirely unhelpful. Filters only reduce temporary hardness. The water going into the system doesn't magically become soft when passed through a standard filter.

Suspicions have just elevated.

To the Brewie team:

I have been following your progress as the Brewie looks like an interesting machine. But I have to share that you are at a very critical time right now. Confidence in your company/product is about to go away before the Brewie even reaches the market.

Homebrewers value trust and transparency. How difficult is it to be active on this forum? These are your potential buyers and you are leaving them out in the cold. If you want people to pay $2,000 for a product shipped from Europe it is going to take a lot more effort than you are currently displaying.

Just thought I would share. Best of luck.

To the Brewie team:

I have been following your progress as the Brewie looks like an interesting machine. But I have to share that you are at a very critical time right now. Confidence in your company/product is about to go away before the Brewie even reaches the market.

Homebrewers value trust and transparency. How difficult is it to be active on this forum? These are your potential buyers and you are leaving them out in the cold. If you want people to pay $2,000 for a product shipped from Europe it is going to take a lot more effort than you are currently displaying.

Just thought I would share. Best of luck.

We understand your concerns as our customers are important. This why we have two new collegues who will concentrate on our communication. We are a small team and we managed to reach this point without any investors. These are the final months prior to our launch, and we need your patience as well. Thank you.

We understand your concerns as our customers are important. This why we have two new collegues who will concentrate on our communication. We are a small team and we managed to reach this point without any investors. These are the final months prior to our launch, and we need your patience as well. Thank you.

????

Indiegogo:

$720,072 USD total funds raised
223% funded on February 1, 2015

Without investors?

It looks like a nice machine for those who have the need and the patience!

????

Indiegogo:

$720,072 USD total funds raised
223% funded on February 1, 2015

Without investors?

It looks like a nice machine for those who have the need and the patience!

Investors typically take shares. Backing on indigogo is really not investing. more like a early bird discount system.

So basically they have wanted a preorder of 200 machines and got 400 plus pre-orders.

As in investor myself I would give the $50K and take a share in the company. If I did that I would like to see detailed plans on parts, production, quality, contracts, marketing etc etc. Having investors like that is great as they bring knowledge and contacts but also a pain because they are demanding.

Most small start-up do fail because they have a great product but can't produce whilst making a profit in the medium term.

Having worked with many companies I will be buying a brewie as soon as I see the first one delivered and working. Because that it what we push our clients for, a Minimum Viable Product.

Investors typically take shares. Backing on indigogo is really not investing. more like a early bird discount system.

So basically they have wanted a preorder of 200 machines and got 400 plus pre-orders.

As in investor myself I would give the $50K and take a share in the company. If I did that I would like to see detailed plans on parts, production, quality, contracts, marketing etc etc. Having investors like that is great as they bring knowledge and contacts but also a pain because they are demanding.

Most small start-up do fail because they have a great product but can't produce whilst making a profit in the medium term.

Having worked with many companies I will be buying a brewie as soon as I see the first one delivered and working. Because that it what we push our clients for, a Minimum Viable Product.

Splitting hairs on the definition of investor. I would call them investors since it is not money that the company had in the first place. The pay off is a unit, either to get early delivery or a discount or both.

So a little investment saves them a couple of hundred dollars instead of getting currency.

You have TWO colleagues who concentrate on communication, yet neither of you seem to communicate anything. Nothing helpful on Twitter, nothing helpful on Facebook, Instagram, any other social media site. Minimal emails with very vague information that generates more questions than answers. And here, today, you've posted twice and have not answered any of the pertinent questions posted throughout this thread.

Your customers have proven patience; your product is a year overdue. Yet you still evade communicating with your very first customers who enabled your company to even attempt to create a product "without any investors."

What is it the two communications managers DO, exactly? I might like to score a job where I just send one useless tweet every week or so and an e-mail once every few months with almost a million USD of other people's money on the line.

Brewie Team, thanks for the answer.

" What is the estimated release date? It is late October/ early November when we can start shipping.
- Has production started yet? We are about to start pilot production this month.
- Is remote control per app still a feature? Or was it skipped, since it s no longer seen in any videos. We are developing the app and shoud be ready by the launch."

So now we are in the middle of September, est. release is Oct/Nov. Pilot production not started yet, app in developement.

So you are telling me in 6 weeks you will do: pilot production, product testing, getting all the certifications, develop the app, test the app, produce 400 machines and ship them.

The certification alone takes couple of weeks, shipping from china another week. Good thing is the app dev can be done parallel. But dev and testing of an an app in 6 weeks alone is demanding. And i would expect some testing on a working machine, which is not even pilot produced yet.

After a year of delays it seems you learned nothing in project management or communication.

And I hate it to sound like downer debbie, i would love to see the machine on the market.

I really trying to stay positive and solution orientated.

So i just had this idea: most of us feel like the communication is missing, there are a lot of questions rrom the users here.

You said you have now 2 people in communications.

So here is my solution: What about you do a live Q&A session here on Homebrewtalk?

Set up a date and time, get your communication guys on the keyboard and let them answer all the questions for 1 or 2 hours.

Deal?

I really trying to stay positive and solution orientated.

So i just had this idea: most of us feel like the communication is missing, there are a lot of questions rrom the users here.

You said you have now 2 people in communications.

So here is my solution: What about you do a live Q&A session here on Homebrewtalk?

Set up a date and time, get your communication guys on the keyboard and let them answer all the questions for 1 or 2 hours.

Deal?
Rather than just comms guy also get a technical guy on. Questions are likely to be technical too. You could do a webinar too or even google hangout. Bottom line is. you got 400 orders and likely hundreds of people are looking to order from here too.

An open Q&A could really ramp up your order book. (maybe give discount for those who order at the Q&A :)

Rather than just comms guy also get a technical guy on. Questions are likely to be technical too. You could do a webinar too or even google hangout. Bottom line is. you got 400 orders and likely hundreds of people are looking to order from here too.

An open Q&A could really ramp up your order book. (maybe give discount for those who order at the Q&A :)

They're not listening!

Brewie Team, thanks for the answer.

" What is the estimated release date? It is late October/ early November when we can start shipping.
- Is remote control per app still a feature? Or was it skipped, since it s no longer seen in any videos. We are developing the app and shoud be ready by the launch."

So now we are in the middle of September, est. release is Oct/Nov. Pilot production not started yet, app in developement.

So you are telling me in 6 weeks you will do: pilot production, product testing, getting all the certifications, develop the app, test the app, produce 400 machines and ship them.

The certification alone takes couple of weeks, shipping from china another week. Good thing is the app dev can be done parallel. But dev and testing of an an app in 6 weeks alone is demanding. And i would expect some testing on a working machine, which is not even pilot produced yet.

After a year of delays it seems you learned nothing in project management or communication.

And I hate it to sound like downer debbie, i would love to see the machine on the market.

Hello there!
We have been using the very same parts in Brewie for a while, and we have not experienced issues with them. We were also satisfied with the DVT (Design Validation Test) and tooling is finished which means everything is in place to start pilot production during which we will test machines for weeks. Regarding the certifications, the fully functional prototypes have been examined by professionals, and we have not received any negative feedbacks. The certification process will start at the beginning of pilot production. We would love to see this product on the market as much as you do.

I've been away from a couple of days but back to water treatment using the automated water additions.

With my water profile I need to add acid and a range of salts, so would I be able to set up treated water in a drum? I could mount the drum slightly higher than the Brewie connect it via hose and let the machine take water as required.

The only difficulty I see is determining the actual "mash water" volume needed in the treatment calculations.

Atb. Aamcle

Hello there!
We have been using the very same parts in Brewie for a while, and we have not experienced issues with them. We were also satisfied with the DVT (Design Validation Test) and tooling is finished which means everything is in place to start pilot production during which we will test machines for weeks. Regarding the certifications, the fully functional prototypes have been examined by professionals, and we have not received any negative feedbacks. The certification process will start at the beginning of pilot production. We would love to see this product on the market as much as you do.

Why is publishing to your facebook wall restricted?

When is social platform beta release for beta testers?

"everything is in place to start pilot production during which we will test machines for weeks"

I still don't get your timeline. The plan is to start pilot production this month. then you will test machines for weeks. Lets be generous and define "weeks" with a minimum of two weeks. it would mean you finish testing mid October.

Normally testing shows some little bugs which have to be changed. Which means (again minimal) a week. So it would be possible to start the real production end of October. But this was the most optimistic timeline.
Without considering app dev and getting all the needed certifications for electrical products.

It would help to present a detailed timeline.

This single product is why I will never do the whole start up project thing again.. From now on I'll just wait till something is already on the market and tested rather than save a few hundred dollars and be left with nada but empty promises.

I've tried both app and pc. No difference! They review the posts, so maybe it's just that I'm black listed or something! Done too many comments and too many questions?

We are listening, and will give you an update regarding the Q&A next week.
As usually, seems that "this week" is next week or later. I know there still is 2 days left, but it's hard to believe that Brewie works Sat/Sun! This (keeping promises) has clearly been one of the biggest problems of Brewie! After one or more empty promises you loose your credibility, which is very hard to get back!

Dear Beer Lovers,

As we are getting closer and closer to the release date, we are making a great effort to improve our communication as well. Right now, we are working on a Q&A video in which we try to answer all your questions. In order to provide useful information we ask you to send your questions until Sunday to [email protected] and put ‘General question’ in the subject line. We are extremely happy you have several questions, although sometimes we weren’t able to give you a swift reply. We still encourage you to share your ideas and ensure you that the Q&A session will give you a personal answer.
Cheers,

The Brewie team

Facebook_callforq.jpg

Dear Beer Lovers,

As we are getting closer and closer to the release date, we are making a great effort to improve our communication as well. Right now, we are working on a Q&A video in which we try to answer all your questions. In order to provide useful information we ask you to send your questions until Sunday to [email protected] and put ‘General question’ in the subject line. We are extremely happy you have several questions, although sometimes we weren’t able to give you a swift reply. We still encourage you to share your ideas and ensure you that the Q&A session will give you a personal answer.
Cheers,

The Brewie team

So you will solicit questions until Sunday, then sometime in the future you will release a video addressing these with vague answers? Then when people ask follow up questions for clarification you will go back into your rabbit hole?

I think the idea proposed here was to have an interactive Q&A session so follow up questions could be asked right away.

Dear Beer Lovers,

Cheers,

The Brewie team
Liked this post first, but changed my mind! I was also expecting interactive Q&A session!

Well, its at least a step in the proper direction, albeit a little late in the development. Everyone who is disgruntled SHOULD email several questions on this or your just gonna sound like a big whiner on here.

Let's challenge the team a bit on this guys.

The only questions Brewie seems to answer are general questions about the machine but most people here want real answers as to when will will see our machines show up. Brewie, quit placating us and give real answers as to when you will deliver our machines!

I have no skin in this game but have been following this thread.

I gotta say, collating questions and answers into a video sounds like a terrible idea at this point for the amount of effort it requires and the value it delivers. If we listed the things that are important to people who have paid money and have no idea whether they will ever see the product, I would say a high-production value video would be at the bottom of the list.

At the top of the list would be:

1. Giving people some real information as to where things are at. This is not that hard if you don't have anything to hide. Everyone knows that projects blow out and it's hard to know when stuff will be ready, but just be straight up with people. I'm talking a forum post right here that is more than one paragraph and that properly addresses people's concerns. Maybe give people some background to what the problems are and they might understand. If there are 2 people whose job is communications then this is their job. Not making fancy videos.

Like I said, I haven't bought one, would have bailed a long time ago if I had from what I have seen here.

Back