Brewery tours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born Brewing Co.

Reaction score
Ah, being a middle school teacher it is nice to now be off for the summer. Needless, to say I will have plenty of time to brew this summer. I am planning to go on several brewery tours as well: Berghoff in Monroe, Wi and New Glarus in New Glarus, Wi. Does anyone else have summer travel plans that include your passion for brewing? :cool:

Born Brewing Co. said:
Ah, being a middle school teacher it is nice to now be off for the summer. Needless, to say I will have plenty of time to brew this summer. I am planning to go on several brewery tours as well: Berghoff in Monroe, Wi and New Glarus in New Glarus, Wi. Does anyone else have summer travel plans that include your passion for brewing? :cool:

Shoot...I'm jealous. I'd love to see those 2 breweries.
One I'd suggest highly--Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. Not only is thier beer super, but I heard the tour is loads of fun as well.
I heard (from my Mom no less) that the Lakefront brewery bought the old stein and the slide get-up from Bernie Brewer's chalet at old County Stadium. She said its proudly displayed in the brewery. Hell yeah!!!

Are you in WI?

I was just there a month or so back and toured Miller. Some construction was being done at the brewhouse so they didn't give you that part of the tour. :( But it was all still good. I grew up Miller, Miller, Miller so it was good to go back to some roots.

I live in Northern Illinois (Sycamore). I'm a little over an hour from the Southern Wi breweries. I toured Miller several years ago before I was a home brewer. I will checkout Lakefront Brewery too! :cool:

Bill,
Will you have access to internet when in Germany? You could give us a daily travel log of Germany. I'll admit I'm jealous.

Sure, I could make a log as I go along if you'd like. Not sure about the internet access. At least not for pleasure. I will only be spending a day or two in each town so I won't be carrying a computer around with me.

I have a log I did on my first tour of Kosovo. It's not for pulication because I was not kind or gentle. I just wrote it as I felt it.

I'll make it a point to keep a log and type it out later when I return. OK?

Back