brewery/pub/bar recommendations - NYC, Washington DC, Toronto, Ottawa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I will be Visiting Canada and the USA for the first time this summer. We will be visiting Ottawa -> Toronto, -> Washington DC -> Yew York. spending 3 or 4 days in each place.

I'm looking for some recommendations for each city for places to get a good local drink and perhaps some food (food not a requirement though)

I already plan to visit Brooklyn brewery and the Pony Bar in NYC. Other than that I currently have no specific ideas about where to go.

Cheers :mug:

For DC, you've got to hit Churchkey. They have a fantastic selection on tap and in bottles. Plus, their food is very good. DC has lax distribution laws so, sometimes you can find things that "don't belong." Connecticut Ave. liquor store has some pretty good finds.

For the DC area, there are several brewpubs in the Northern VA area if you are willing to leave the city. Just off 7 Corners there is a Dogfish Head Tavern which has good DFH beers and tasty food. The Great American Resturants places have good food and their Sweetwater Tavern locations make their own beers on premisis and are rather tasty. Of course these places are not really metro accessable, and outside of DC proper. There are other places where you can get good craft brews, Meridian Pint i hear is good and is in DC, and then there are places that boast huge selections of craft brews but IMO a lot of them the turnover isn't all that great.

That's some great advice guys. I don't think leaving Washington city is really an option.

Any recommendations for Ottawa or Toronto anybody?

Back