Brewer's Hardware 20 gal Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenneBrew

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Brewer's Hardware 20 gallon conical, and have my first brew fermenting away now. This thing is nice! The butterfly valves are great, and I like all of the large openings - 8" TC at the top and 2" dump at the bottom. The quality is excellent and it did not have any weld, scratch, pitting or polish issues.

For temp control I used a glass door merchandiser fridge, a Lasko My Heat, and built a homemade brewpi temp controller. I still have some work routing the temp sensors permanently, and I want to wire in to the compressor so I can leave the lights on the fridge, but so far so good. Just got through the first week fermenting a hefe, and no problems holding right at 68F. Dumped about 2L of trub today and it was easier than I thought. Those butterfly valves work well. Going to cold crash in three days and keg next weekend. Can't wait.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402798131.653147.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

KenneBrew. Sorry about dredging up old treads BUT what is your long term review on on your conical purchase.
I'm Thinking long and hard about a Brewer's Hardwear 15 gal conical.
I'm just try to read as much feed back as possible.
I might also go with the glycol jacket :)
Dad made a large investment in to our Brewery Shed project :ban:
Thanks for any feed back.
Paul and Chancy
The Hydro Biscuit Brewery

Hey Kennebrew what model cooler are you using there? Also how are you liking that good looking conical after a couple years of use? I am looking at either the 30 or the 20 B.H. conical depending on if the 30 will fit in one of the coolers like your using. I think the 30 is 19 1/2 " wide and 50" tall. Hope all is well!

Back