Brewers best flavor - Apricot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codfishhead

Reaction score
Anyone use this?
My wife wants n apricot wheat.

From searches it sounds like real apricot will give me flavor and a flavor extract will give me the floral.

Your experiences with apricot?

Thx
Jay

I've used their extracts, but not the apricot.

One thing you could do is get yourself a dropper with measurements on the side, and add a measured amount to a small gravity sample of your beer at the end of primary. If you find a ratio you like, scale it up to the volume you have. If you hate it, rack to secondary on top of apricots.

I found with the same company's strawberry extract that half the recommended amount was perfect (something like 2.5 oz's per 5 gallons.

Hope this helps.

I have not used the brewers best, but have used the apricot and blueberry flavors from morebeer. Both add flavor and the apricot seems to add aroma as well.

I use a small syringe to dose a bottle with 2.5ml of extract then fill from the keg. That way my wife can have a plain wheat from the tap or a bottle of fruit beer if she wants something different. Keep the IBUs low.

I used this extract 4 months ago to make an apricot pale ale and let's just say that batch didn't last long :D It's got a good flavor and it's not as one-dimensional as some of the other extracts are. My advice is to add it slowly and sample as you go so you don't get too strong of a flavor. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than fresh apricots or puree.

Back