Breweries that fill Corny kegs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In San Francisco, both 21st Amendment and Magnolias used to fill cornies, but for whatever reason they no longer do so. Bummer because they have some awesome beer. The last successful attempt I had was at Triple Rock in Berkeley.

I just called sun up brewery in Phoenix and they will refill your 5 gallon for $50 and your 3 gallon for $35. Not to bad of a deal.

Magic Hat will not fill your corny. Was headed to that area last week and wanted something while my initial pipeline finished aging. I've got a 4 keg setup with nothing in them:eek:

In San Diego area, I know Alesmith does. They ask that you drop it off and pick it up a day or two later though.

I got a few prices from them recently:
X and Anvil ESB $60 plus tax.
IPA, Lil' Devil $75 plus tax
Wee Heavy $95 plus tax

Stone Brewery does not. They sell kegs in 1/6, 1/4, 1/2 bbl, but they will not fill your own, or swap with one from another brewery. $100 deposit on kegs (all sizes I guess?)

I'm curious about Ballast Point, but haven't contacted them yet.
[Edit]
Found the unfortunate answer about ballast point on this thread
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/breweries-will-fill-cornys-sd-189851/

Cheers.

Anyone know if the new Pensacola Bay Brewery fills cornies? I tried to email them but I haven't gotten a response. I know they sell kegs and fill growlers and such.

I just got an email from Rock Bottom in Cincinnati that it is illegal to fill outside kegs. Anyone else from Ohio know anything about this?

The pensacola bay brewery will fill corny kegs if you call them and make an appointment. I don't know about prices. I emailed em the other night and that was the response.

In San Francisco, both 21st Amendment and Magnolias used to fill cornies, but for whatever reason they no longer do so. Bummer because they have some awesome beer. The last successful attempt I had was at Triple Rock in Berkeley.

It's because state law says it is not legal for them to do that unless the container is labeled for that brewery. In fact if the container is labeled more specifically (e.g. if you own an Arrogant Bastard growler) they can only put that one beer in there at the brewery.

Egad. Do you know the California state law that says the keg needs to be properly labeled? I mean, can I use my P-Touch to label my keg?

Back