Brewcraft Natural Cherry Flavor Discussion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdel

Reaction score
I'm making a Cherry Wheat Beer and want to know how much of the Brewcraft Natural Cherry Flavor I should add. As well as peoples general thoughts and experiences with Natural Cherry Flavoring.

Here is a link with a pic of the Cherry Flavor so you know which one I am talking about.

Brewcraft Cherry Natural Fruit Flavor

My recipe is:

(Partial Mash)
0.5lbs 6-row
0.5lbs Honey Malt
0.5lbs Crystal - 20
0.5lbs Flaked Wheat

(Boil)
3lbs Light DME
3lbs Wheat DME
1oz Saaz [50min]
0.5oz Saaz [25min]
1 Whrilfloc [15min]
0.5oz Saaz [10min]

(Pitch - Primary)
WPL American Heff

(Secondary)
3lbs Sweet Cherry Puree

(Bottling)
??? Brewcraft Natural Cherry Flavor

Final Volume (aprox) 3 - 3.5 Gal

I have used concentrated (clear) flavorings before and i remember them being REALLY strong, but i have never used the "natural" flavorings (dark).

I would love to hear peoples experiences with the Brewcraft Natural Cherry Flavor. Please tell me how much you used, how it turned out, recomendations, tips, anything you think I should know.

Thanks

I like Randy Mosher's advice in Radical Brewing to test the fruit extract flavorings by adding tiny amounts to a glass of beer first, to figure out how much to add to the whole batch. I've used this method when adding tinctures of basil, lavender and juniper to beers.

Back