Quantcast

Adding flavor to homebrew beer

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Majed41

Reaction score
I see that many commercial beer have some great flavor beer such as Strawberry . the taste and sweetness is just amazing you almost think this is a soda if you drink this from a glass . i really hate the taste of bitter Barley .

i know that in order to have a good sweetniss to the beer i should use Lactose
but what my option for Strawberry flavore ? i really don't want to add actuall Strawberry to the ingredients . i don't even think this is how commercial beer does it anyway .

i found the following products and if any of you guys have some experience with this please let us know

Brewer's Best Natural Strawberry Flavoring

Amoretti Natural Wild Strawberry Artisan Flavor

Noob_Brewer

Reaction score
I don't know about these brands/products that you posted, but you might want to check out one on one flavors. I did a blueberry wheat ale with it. I bought a 2oz bottle of Blueberry (fruit) concentrate from them for $12 and used about 0.5ml of concentrate put straight into the keg. It was PERFECT! I gave nice blueberry flavor without appearing candy-sweet like. Now my wife adds literally a drop or two to her coffee in the mornings lol. They have a HUGE list of offerings. They have over 20 different strawberry offerings. Cheers!

Nokie

Reaction score
I have used brewers best flavorings before. One of the things I don’t like about any of the flavorings is to me it leaves a really weird aftertaste to me. Almost like cough syrup. Most of the time if I let it bottle condition that weird taste will fade but so will the flavor.
I would use it sparingly

ehall

Reaction score
I personally hate and will not use brewers best products... all have way to much of a chemical taste to them. I have used flavored coffee syrups in the past when I want to flavor something. a very little goes a long way too. as for the amoretti, its a good brand and you can also check king arthur flour site, the flavorings they carry are good too.