Brew station first run!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palzhaus

Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1439047946.940068.jpg

Made out of channel strut and whatever wood I could scrape together. It's weldless with a 10 gallon pot and two converted 7 gallon water coolers for the mash tank and HLT. Using a gas burner for heat and a pump for recirculation and transfer.

It's not pretty but I've got my fingers crossed that it will work well.

Really neat how your tubing joins together. I need to do something like that on mine. Looks good!

It's a simple setup that consumed a chunk of time in the build. Fortunately, the place I work part-time enabled me to purchase most of the materials at cost, saving me A LOT of money.

Each line has an "in" and "out" valve to allow a backup "safety measure" so I don't pump the wrong stuff into the wrong thing, if you get my meaning. All of it connects to the pump mounted on the underside of the station, to which I'm cobbling together an on/off switch for ease of use.

Ok I think I get it...except it looks like they all connect to a single pipe? Are there actually two pipes in the middle one for in and one for out? Can you post some closer photos of this please? Also, what kind of pump?

I'm a neat freak so I tried to make the design clean and visually pleasing (not it matters in function). I'm traveling for work but when I get home, I'll get you the name of pump and post more pictures.

Incidentally, I hit a snag during my brew session on Sunday and had to shut it down in the early stages. I'm going to give it another go on Thursday, hopefully with a little more success.

What's the temperature rating on the plastic manifold and those hoses? Can they be safely used with boiling temps?

That's a good question. I'd assumed it was CPVC but looking at it closer it looks like it may be plain PVC?

Only took a week and a half? That is record speed in my book.
Looks wonderful and nice work on that whole manifold thing. It is a beast.

Only took a week and a half? That is record speed in my book.
Looks wonderful and nice work on that whole manifold thing. It is a beast.

Thanks. It really is a beast. I'm gonna have to label the valves on account of I have a memory like a pasta strainer and misdirect the flow.

Back