Brew Space

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sink and faucet installed.

68FD7C8A-E670-4C09-88B9-1BC14B6578D0.jpeg

FastRack bottle racks fit perfectly in the cabinets too. I need to get a couple more trays though or just take out the middle shelf in the cabinet.

3E431D8A-A6C6-42F4-97EA-7A9948BA81BE.jpeg

I actually own a pair of businesses and work like 50-60 hours a week and I have a young son. I work most evenings and the weekends as well. It varies day to day week to week. Brewing beer is one of the ways I unplug and unwind. So, going out there and working for an hour or helps keep my mind right.

While it is not done yet. I'll be doing the first brew in the space today. All lined up to do the first of a couple winter warmers I have planned. I figured that's a good way get things dialed in since it's my first brew with an induction plate ever and I want to know what the baseline is before I start adding in the complexity of the steam slayer lid. Here's hoping one batch venting into the garage isn't a killer for old drywall on the ceiling. I'll have a fan set up for sure.

I do too. I put them in basically every room in the house. My wife loves having dimmers. The trick is the light I put in just screws into the socket like a normal bulb. So if I just add a dimmer. The other normal bulbs in the garage will be way too dim. So if I add a dimmer, I should probably put the same lights in the other sockets. Of course, it wasn’t the cheapest light I ever bought. Joys of project creep…

Looking great... and good to hear you're getting to a test run.

A note, LED lights may, or may not, work with a dimmer. Depends on their internal power supply, has to be a bit more complicated. If it didn't advertise it on the box, odds are it might not work. Try it on an existing dimmer circuit first, might be you need to spend $ on changing lights vs on extra dimmer switch.

Thanks.

First brew in the space in the books. Nailed my OG. The steam slayer will be a welcome addition to the process for sure. The induction plate was so much faster than my gas cooktop. It caught me flat footed as I was prepping everything as I normally do when heating my strike water and before I knew it, my 4.25 gallons was already ready. Lesson learned there.

I need to get all my gear better organized for use on brew day and figure out how to most effectively use the space I have.

The thing I didn’t like (and I was warned about) is than when I’m heating my strike water, with the plate on 3500w, the thermometer jumps around way more than it did on my gas cooktop. I just dialed down the wattage and stirred more when I got close and it was ok. Just needed a bit more babysitting than before. Still faster though.

Plenty of work still to do to get everything squared away but it was so nice to be out there brewing.

Back