Brew or Brew Fest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheManes

Reaction score
I'm facing a dilemma. Next weekend there is a brew fest about 2 hours from my house featuring all New York craft breweries - around 30 I think. SWMBO has said that I am free to go but that I have to be back before the kids have dinner and go to bed (by 6pm). That means I drive 2+ hours, go to the brew fest but with serious limits on my beer intake, and then have to drive right back 2+ hours again and deal.
On the other hand, SWMBO says that if I do not go, she would be happy to give me half the day to brew - much better for her.
So what do I do, brew or brew fest? I'm thinking brew.

That is too far to drive. Brew instead. If you had someone to drive you and you could drink a growler on the way home, it would be a different story :)

You are right. Why would I have even considered going to a beer festival where I have to "act responsibly" when I could stay home, brew, and drink all day?
Brew it is.

You could always go to the brewfest and "forget" to come home in a timely manner. (Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission)

But I say you brew. :mug:

Where in NY is the Brewfest?

Edit: Just remembered , TAP - New York Beer Festival. A club I've been planning on joining is going up there.

I say brew. Use whatever amount the admission was and get a variety of beers. Have your own brewfest before, during and after brewing.

Its not called controlling its comprimising. Its called being responsible (not drinking and then having to drive 2 hours home by yourself) and being a parent.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd guess DaveAllen is probably single.

Back to the OP....not even a question. BREW!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd guess DaveAllen is probably single.

Back to the OP....not even a question. BREW!
And you'd be wrong. Anyone who tells you when you "have" to be home or that she will "give" you half the day to brew is over-controlling.

SWMBO allows me to do everything I want to do, I allow SWMBO to everything she wants to do, but we've got each other and we've got two kids so we're not exactly independent operators - thank god! We're a team and a damn good one. I am not controlled by anyone except my mother ;).

I'd say brew. Only having a couple hours and a long drive back will make it impossible to really enjoy the fest.

Brewing is the obvious answer. If you could go and "enjoy yourself fully", then it might be a tough choice. With the stipulations you have this time, the brewing is the only logical choice.

Then again, I don't see why you couldn't miss putting the kids to bed ONE TIME either. It's the drive that would decide it for me. With or without a DD.

Back