brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are a great kettle! Northern brewer really put a lot of thought into them. I really like the gallon markings they put in them. I do like a wider kettle like the kettles at B3. Check out Spike kettles as well they have really stepped up their game! Either kettle will serve you very well.

If your ever in the need for a good false bottom system for any of them let me know I would be happy to help.

Cheers
Jay

I highly recommend getting a 10+ gallon kettle. In my experience even for 5 gallon batches my 9 gallon kettle was a pain avoiding boil overs.

I'll second that, I have a 5, 7.5, and 10 gallon kettle. Guess what the order of buying those was...

Third. I use an 8-gallon kettle for 5-gallon batches. It works, but you have to watch it like a hawk. A 10-gallon would make life easier.

I have to 15 1/2 gallon kettle. Doing 5 gallon batches is no problem. The boiling
14 gallons of wort is the problem. Not much of a problem, but I have to watch it closely. Then my otherwise huge keggle is not so huge . I won't upgrade to 25 gal pot any time soon, but it does make me thankful for my piddly 15-1/2gallon size.

Latest posts

Back