Brew Friends in New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RootsBrew

Reaction score
Hey all, glad to be a part of this forum. I’m a beginning brewer and looking to make new brew friends in the North Jersey area.

I’m in NJ but moved from Bergen County to South Jersey 10 years ago.

Hey all, glad to be a part of this forum. I’m a beginning brewer and looking to make new brew friends in the North Jersey area.

I’m in NJ but moved from Bergen County to South Jersey 10 years ago.

Congratulations on your escape, er ... move.
I used to be trapped inside the Beltway of Northern VA for years, then moved here. Originally from the Midwest.
Too damned many people here for my tastes, but so far, they aren't interfering with my brewdays ...

No no....escape is accurate.

I miss the food up there but the cost of living and traffic were just getting to be nuts.

Welcome, I'm in Madison, moved here a few years ago from New Brunswick. I miss being close to a great homebrew shop and CO2 tank filler, but it's much nicer up here.

Welcome, I'm in Madison, moved here a few years ago from New Brunswick. I miss being close to a great homebrew shop and CO2 tank filler, but it's much nicer up here.
Not sure if it’s still there but there used to be a home brew store in Morristown.

Not sure if it’s still there but there used to be a home brew store in Morristown.

Interesting thanks I will look into it. There is a pretty good homebrew shop in Boonton, but I really liked love2brew in North Brunswick.

Edit: A quick google search did not come up with anything. That would be very nice though.

Just wanted to say hi. I grew up in a small town around Boonton (Denville, Parsippany area). Unfortunately don't have any leads for you, I haven't lived there for 10+ years... I live in northern MA now and miss good pizza, bagels, and Taylor ham terribly haha

There are a bunch of Homebrew stores in North Jersey.

North Jersey Homebrew in Sparta

Cask n kettle in Boonton

Homebrew University in Hackettstown.

I think there are a few others, but don’t know them off hand.

I'm in South Jersey and I just brewed for the first time last weekend. So far things are going well, I can't wait to try my beer!

I'm in South Jersey and I just brewed for the first time last weekend. So far things are going well, I can't wait to try my beer!
Awesome! I’m finishing up drinking my first batch and my second one should be getting bottled next weekend. There’s a home brew shop called Keg and Barrel in Berlin if you’re looking for one.

Keg and Barrel is where I bought my first kit, a Brewer's Best set of buckets and hardware.

K&B is nestled inside a small development off the highway and is tricky to find in some respects, but the shop has all the basics you'd need for a beginner. Nice selection stocked to the ceiling. At the time I was there, I got some extras like a steel thermometer and the price on everything was a good deal.

Lol. Yeah it took me a couple of tries to find it too. It was worth it though . Nice people and the prices aren’t bad either.

Keg and Barrel is where I bought my first kit, a Brewer's Best set of buckets and hardware.

K&B is nestled inside a small development off the highway and is tricky to find in some respects, but the shop has all the basics you'd need for a beginner. Nice selection stocked to the ceiling. At the time I was there, I got some extras like a steel thermometer and the price on everything was a good deal.
!

Hop and Vine in Morristown closed years ago.

come down to hunterdon and visit Bobby’s place. Great shop.

Cask and kettle is probably a better choice for distance.

Awesome! I’m finishing up drinking my first batch and my second one should be getting bottled next weekend. There’s a home brew shop called Keg and Barrel in Berlin if you’re looking for one.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out sometime. I bought all of my supplies from NB and Midwest. I transferred the beer over to the secondary fermenter on Sunday, so I'll be bottling in no time. :)

Hop and Vine in Morristown closed years ago.

come down to hunterdon and visit Bobby’s place. Great shop.

Cask and kettle is probably a better choice for distance.

I visited Hop & Vine many years ago.

FWIW, I'm originally from Camden, but also lived in Burlington and Atlantic Cty's. My last time was in Ocean, when I worked at Ft. Monmouth.

My work gave me free trips back to Jersey to visit the folks in Manahawkin. Work was mostly to Parsipanny and Dover.

I live in south jersey and go to both keg and barrel and fermented food and beverage in hammonton. Both are great stores. I brew frequently and am a member of Brew Jersey

I visited Hop & Vine many years ago.
FWIW, I'm originally from Camden, but also lived in Burlington and Atlantic Cty's. My last time was in Ocean, when I worked at Ft. Monmouth.
My work gave me free trips back to Jersey to visit the folks in Manahawkin. Work was mostly to Parsipanny and Dover.

I used to work a joint Army-Navy contract out of Ft. Belvoir years ago and would sometimes go to Monmouth for training. One of the best episodes was assembling and activating a remote satellite terminal in snowy, freezing January weather. Didn't anticipate moving to NJ, but here I am.

I used to work a joint Army-Navy contract out of Ft. Belvoir years ago and would sometimes go to Monmouth for training. One of the best episodes was assembling and activating a remote satellite terminal in snowy, freezing January weather. Didn't anticipate moving to NJ, but here I am.

I moved out of Jersey in 1987.

During my career I worked with almost every Army weapon system (all of the small arms & mortars, M1 tank, M2 Bradley, mine breachers & dispensers, and all artillery) and trained soldiers on how to maintain them, wrote technical manuals, worked on contracts to get supplies, etc. Basically, if it goes bang or boom I worked on it.

Back