Brew day with BeerSmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadWolfOregon

Reaction score
I've recently started using the trial of BeerSmith and I love it for recipe design, etc. The one drawback I've found is on brew day.

I had been using iBrewMaster 2 on my iPhone, and loved how I could create a batch from a recipe and record batch specific notes as well as gravity readings, etc.

The BeerSmith mobile app helps a BIT, but all it really offers is timers.

Is there a way to do batches and notes from individual recipes in BeerSmith, and if not is there a way to get my recipes into iBrewMaster for brew day?

Number your recipes. For example, IPA #1, when you do the same recipe again, call it IPA#2. I do that but use my batch number for the number....currently approaching #300

There is also a version option. You can open an old recipe and change the version # and save it as a new recipe

Select the recipe that you want to brew and then click on 'copy to brew log' on the icon ribbon. This will create a folder called 'brew log' with a copy of the recipe in it. Now you can make any changes you want, brew the recipe, record your readings and make notes without affecting the original copy of the recipe.

All of my original recipes are in folders with a brew date of 1/1/2001. When copied to the 'brew log', I give them the date or tentative date on which they will be brewed. It helps to organize short and longer term needs for materials, create a schedule for harvesting and reusing yeast, and serves as an archive for past versions/brews of that particular recipe.

Having used Brewmate which is no longer available, I moved onto BeerSmith, takes some getting used to and I think the desk top version is better.
Jay

Back