Brew day was super awesome easy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discokid2k

Reaction score
WEll today was awesome. I brewed today, two days later than originally planned and four days after my starter blew off all over my counter for 18 hours.

I delayed my brew day because I was feeling crappy:( and my asthma has me laid out. So I woke up late, took the dogs out to play and still feeling less than excited to brew. It usually takes me an entire day from start to finish.

So I began heating my mash water at 2:15 or so...11.5 lbs of grain for my pale ale, heating water on four burners on my stove top.... takes foreve:mad:r...and then there is the sparge...and then the boil....takes forever. :drunk:

I ws done today before 9pm. Wort cooled in 30, dual pot boil and was able to pitch immediatly. Im not sure what I did right today. My notes look like every other brew day but I gotta say....it went smooth, I feel slightly better asthma wise and elated internally because my brew day was super awesome easy:rockin: Now if I could just figure out what I did differently:drunk:

Thank you for enduring my rambling rant:mug:

Gotta love when it goes smoothly.

I generally tell myself "it's not brew day unless something goes wrong" because something usually does. Usually something small. Which makes me quite pleased when a brew day goes exactly according to plan.

But it really doesn't help when something goes WRONG (and I don't mean a stuck sparge or missed your numbers, I mean something damaged, someone injured, that kind of thing).

Gotta love when it goes smoothly.

I generally tell myself "it's not brew day unless something goes wrong" because something usually does. Usually something small. Which makes me quite pleased when a brew day goes exactly according to plan.

But it really doesn't help when something goes WRONG (and I don't mean a stuck sparge or missed your numbers, I mean something damaged, someone injured, that kind of thing).

Yeah, it's a pretty good feeling. I have been feeling so crappy and every brew day something breaks, boils over, spills, something. Today was sweet as pie...not a hitch. And as an added bonus....my garden plants survived the freakish freeze in central TX the last two days:ban:

Back