Brew Day Photos: West Coast Blaster (American vs. Belgian)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1k3

Reaction score
Hi All-

I like to see photos of how other people brew... thought I'd share my photos from this morning.

Before anyone says it... it know my pump head should not point to the right. Yes, it does have trouble priming. I think I'll try the "out on top" configuration. But any other comments are welcomed!

The recipe is loosely based on the grain bill from Jamil's West Coast blaster. I was going to do 15 gallons but my inventory of Base Malt was lower than I thought so I quickly decided to size it down.

I am also doing an experiment with the yeast. Half got T-58 dry Belgian strain and the other half got S-05.

Also, it was my first time using the stainless hop filter... it worked great but the wort level was low due to the 100qt (25 gallon kettle) and smaller batch size.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109505539931745584533/albums/6074260209586304321

That's really cool to see. I like the brew day diary. Don't ha love brewing on a rainy day? Makes ya feel like this is the perfect thing to be doing.

I like your process. Lots of elements similar to mine.

Back