Brew capacities...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtant

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What are your capacities?

I only have two 6.5 gal carboys and two 5 gal carboys. I currently have 10 gallons of Apfelwein in the 5 gal carboys and 10 gal of centennial Blond in primary. I'm maxed out. I plan on picking up a couple more 5 gal carboys this week before I brew on Friday.

I have a four tap keezer with four kegs. I wanna pick up a couple more kegs, soon.

Ideally, I'd like to serve from four kegs, with at least two kegs on deck, and four beers in secondary.

That would be my comfortable pipeline.

So what kind of capacities are you guys working with?

Myself, not too much more than what you have. I have two 8 gallon plastic fermentors, 1 5 gallon glass carboy, a 6.5 plastic fermentor, a bottling bucket (another fermenter), 3 kegs and a sh:t ton of bottles (both 12 and 22 oz). I at one time earlier this year had all of the above full with beer at one stage or another, and we had brewed enough to send 10 more gallons back across the state with a buddy of mine.

Pretty fun! But can't brew until I drink some beer! The problems I have....

In the next 4 weeks I have to start 10 gal of cider, 10 gal of Belgium Wit, and 10 gal of Dunkelweizen; problem is I only have 4 kegs, one of which is still holding a double chocolate stout. I’m also limited with two 6gal carboys, 3 buckets and a two tap kegerator.

I need 8 more kegs, 3… no, let’s make it 4 (yea) 15gal conical fermenters, a 15cf keezer, and two march pumps… why not?

3 - 6 gal carboys, 2 - 5 gal carboys and one keg. I also have over 200 bottles. I want to get a few more kegs so I can get rid of all my bottles.

I think I have about 7 or 8 6-6.5 gal carboys, 1 7 gallon carboy, 4 5 gallon plastic jugs (never really use them). I also have 6 cornies to serve from at the moment though I've been mostly bottling right now. I have around 22 cases filled and drink maybe 2-3 beers PER WEEK! Unfortunately I love to brew but not drink nearly as much. Right now I'm working on my own recipes for a future brewing business of some sort so a lot of my beer is being given away to get some feedback.
tom

I feel very inadequate compared to you guys. I have 3 primary buckets and 2 kegs. I suppose there are two carboys in my basement that I could use but they are from someone else who used to brew in this house and I have no clue what bungs or anything I would use. I usually only have 1 or 2 buckets full anyway :(

Latest posts

Back