Brew Bucket lid with plug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
Anyone use the plug in the Brew Bucket lid and install a TC fitting?

This is the plug: https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/accessories/products/17-mm-chiller-coil-hole-plug

Doing a pressure transfer: https://ssbrewtech.zendesk.com/hc/e...zed-transfer-with-the-Brew-Bucket-s-flat-lid-

There is a lip around the small hole on the underside of the lid. I'm not sure how to install the lid. If I put the o-ring around the lip, it doesn't seem to make a seal. If I put it on the lip, tightening the nut pushing the o-ring away and no longer seals.

hmm I had wondered if you could do something like this but never got to researching it. I have 2 of the old bucket lids that don't have the lip and cut every stopper you put in... That is the reason they rolled that lip. I would think that plug was designed with those new lids in mind. I would message them they tend to be quite responsive.

Wish they just made a 1.5" TC lid.

I did email them after I posted. Haven't heard back yet. The picture they show in the faq for pressure transfer shows the lip around the hole but doesn't show how to install the plug.

Just heard back. It sounds like the plug doesn't work with the lid as is and needs to be cut. A little annoying as they never mentioned this in the write up on how to set the bucket up for pressure transfer. I probably would have bought the 3" TC dome lid if I knew that.

Edit: Just in case anyone looks at this...the plug is not specifically for this lid. It was made for other lids without the lip. They recommend cutting the lip which I don't want to do. They sell a 90° elbow for this lid. The nut that comes with it has a groove for the lip. Unfortunately the nut doesn't work with the threads on the plug. I ended up trying the plug as is with the o-ring on the outside (between plug and outside part of lid) and it seemed ok so that is what I'll do.

Back