• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Brew Boss 15 Gal. 240V System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgalli

BIAB, electric brewing, 5.5 yrs
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this in Sept. 2014. Has worked well for me (6-10 batches/year), and still works fine. Have changed to a different electric set up. Originally paid $1100, will let go for $400. Here's the description from the original invoice.

240VAC Brew Boss Controllers and Systems
Controller Type: 120VAC Pump Output Plug &
240VAC Brew-Boss Heater Plug
Brew Kettle Size: 15 Gallon
Heater Assembly: 5500 Watt

Note: I'm keeping the basket, so buyer will have to replace that ($86 at https://bayouclassicstore.com/Baskets/B160.html)

Note: You'll need a pump, as I'm keeping mine, which didn't come with the kit anyway. I've had it for some years.

All manuals for set up and operation on are online: https://www.brew-boss.com/category-s/140.htm -- Darin has been absolutely fantastic about answering questions over the years.

Includes my old Android (from about 2013, not pictured), if you want it. Still works; I pretty much dedicated it to Brew Boss. So not sure how many newer programs work on it. But Brew Boss does, as does Firefox, etc.

Will ship: e.g. 2 day priority mail from my home town (Wheaton IL) to Denver would be about $51. Just to get a ball park Everything weighs about 25lbs, and the box would be 19x16x16 (approx!).

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

Steal of a deal. I've got the brew boss version 3. If I didn't. I'd buy this for the controller only.

No doubt. I want it, but just bought a spike kettle and piecing together a system

To be honest, I went back to my 3 vessel fly sparge system instead of using the brew boss equipment. I incorporated my own heating element, and use the controller though. I really like the automated via tablet interface, and it works well with my Ss Brewtech system.

Someone looking to convert from propane to electric, this is a great buy.

Back