Brew belt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eviljester69

Reaction score
I just bought a brew belt on impulse and was wondering if it was a wise choice. Brewing an amber ale and we keep the house around 55 degrees. I was worried it would ferment well.

It does a good job. I used one on my last batch and it raised the temp around 10-15 degs. Just Keep an eye on it.

cheezycow said:
It does a good job. I used one on my last batch and it raised the temp around 10-15 degs. Just Keep an eye on it.

Should I move it or keep it at the center of the bucket?

I use one in conjunction with a temp controller in my fermentation chamber. It does a good job without over shooting my temp setting.

Chrisl77 said:
I use one in conjunction with a temp controller in my fermentation chamber. It does a good job without over shooting my temp setting.

What should I look for for a temp controller?

A lot of folks are using an ebay temp controller, which you can get relatively cheap. I just ordered one for 26 bucks. And they are pretty easy to wire up.

I just bought one along with an brewbelt which I am using in my ghetto lager chamber, which I'll be writing up on here in a week or so when I get it finished.

I use the ebay temp controller like Revvy mentioned. I put the belt on the lower 1/4 of the fermenter and tape the probe for the temp controller 8 inches above it sandwiched between the fermenter and a piece of foam insulation.

Back