Brett bruxelles trois in double ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Threetall

Reaction score
So I recently brewed a double ipa, and am wondering if I got some brett trois in the dipa from a previous batch. I sanitized everything really well between batches and replaced rubber hosing for autosiphon/bottle filler. I have noticed the beer has increased in carbonation. Brett trois has a very mild fruity flavor I have seen, and not sure if I am picking up the taste of the yeast vs. fruity hop flavors. The dipa has tasted fine for over a month, just recently I am afraid it has developed some brett trois character. What signs should I look out for?

Flying glass shrapnel. If they are done carbing, I'd just get 'em into the fridge asap if you're at all worried about Brett cross contamination. Or...pop one every few days to keep tabs on it, if there is Brett and it tastes good, you might be able to uncap and let it ferment out before recapping or something along those lines.

Well I have had no bottle bombs and this batch I have been drinking for 2 months actually, not 1. This last bottle seemed to have more carbonation after sitting in the fridge for a few weeks. Maybe this is just in my head, was just checking.

Could just be a wild yeast you caught at some point in the process, its difficult for any of us to say what exactly you have in there. If they taste good, drink em. Maybe age a 6 pack out or something.

Well I have had no bottle bombs and this batch I have been drinking for 2 months actually, not 1. This last bottle seemed to have more carbonation after sitting in the fridge for a few weeks. Maybe this is just in my head, was just checking.

You will have better carbonation after sitting in the fridge for a while. It is not a quick process, but the colder the beer, the more CO2 it can absorb rome the airspace.

What hops did you use? I find that some of the new hops have a lot of "tropical" fruit notes that to me taste/smell similar to Trois.

Latest posts

Back