Brett/Anderson Valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yard_bird

Reaction score
Greetings,
Currently enjoying some Anderson Valley oatmeal stout that is throwing cherries and horse blanket. I enjoy a good brett enhanced beer from time to time (depending on my available FV) and I like how this works with the darker malts in what I assume is typically a clean oatmeal stout. Two questions:

1) I bought this six pack for the empties since it was on sale for a crazy low price. What risk do I run for bottling clean beer in these?
2) Any chance I can step up this brett for my personal collection? I think it would do great things to my Belgian quad recipe.

Thanks.

If Brett contmination is really what's causing the cherries and horse blanket you're perceiving, then sure, you should be able to cultivate it. But unless you're willing/able to isolate it, you'll be cultivating a mixed culture.

Regarding reusing the bottles, I'd say the risk is very low if properly cleaned and sanitized. But I personally wouldn't do it. Why risk it, unless bottles are particulary scarce for you?

Back