Breiss Pilsen Extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strider

Reaction score
Anyone use this dme in a ale before? I'm thinking of using 5.5# of this + 1# of Muttons ELDME in my upcoming APA?
TIA
-John

I have used it in a Kolsch. From my limited experience with extracts, this is the lightest, most fermentable extract available. While I would not go out of my way to get this DME for an APA, I am certain it would work well in that beer. The Breiss Golden extract would work too.

I'd probably use it as a good base and add some items that bring the color up just a tad. Maybe make it your base, then use the golden to bring up color along with some nice specialty grains.

Thanks all. I was trying to choose the lightest so that my specialty grains wouldn't darken it up too much. I usually use Muttons Light but I have found that after adding specialty grains it often comes out a bit darker then I would like. I was toying with the idea of cutting it with golden. I posted a message on the recipe board which you can check out if you want to see the full planned use of it:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/extract-apa-recipie-100189/#post1093320
Hmmm.....
-John

Latest posts

Back