Brasserie cantillion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck, its pretty hard to find. I believe its harder to find the farther west you are as well. You may be able to trade for it. If you do find it on the shelf somehow expect to pay 50 a bottle most likely. I would follow your local craft beer bar/events and sometimes they will do a tasting which is really the only way I have tried any before...except for a bottle share at a large craft beer release. You can order online from Belgium, but shipping is pretty high.

Sorry, meant to add that the archaic liquor laws make it almost impossible to have any beer shipped in.

Where do you live?

Cantillon is easier to find it some areas than others, but buying online is your best bet, and even then it's some work to get a hold of it.

There are a lot of good Lambics that sit on the shelves. Tilquin, De Cam, Haansens, Drie Fonteinen are all as good as(albeit different) Cantillon.

I'm talking about the gueuze, getting your hands on the fruited Cantillon is very difficult, especially if you're looking for anything beyond the kriek and rose de grambrinus. The rest are seasonal and in limited supply.

I'm in PA as well. You can have beer shipped to you. I actually got a beer club subscription as a gift and get a 12 pack delivered every month.

It sure would be nice to see the LCB dismantled, though.

There is a bar in Greenfield MA that has a large variety of Cantillion in stock - it's called "SEYMOUR".
Depending on where you are in PA it might be worth the trip.
Let me know if you do - I'll meet you there and help you drink.

I was on the website for cantillion, PA wasn't listed as one of the states that they shop to. I'll try Belgium in a box. I'm in philly, so maybe a trip to Maryland is in order.

I was on the website for cantillion, PA wasn't listed as one of the states that they shop to. I'll try Belgium in a box. I'm in philly, so maybe a trip to Maryland is in order.

Cantillon does not self distribute, any bottle of Cantillon sold in the US is imported by shelton brothers(based in MA).

Shelton brothers no longer distributes Cantillon to western PA, not sure if that's the case in the east.

You have a better chance of finding a unicorn than Cantillon on the shelves, if a store does get it it's typically held behind the counter for regulars or perhaps goes out the back door with employees.

Monks cafe is almost always a Zwanze day participant, If I was in Philly I wouldn't miss that.

Back