Brass or Stainless Draft Tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdubbaya

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm building a home bar with my kegging set up and I need to find a good draft tower to install. I found a great deal on a 4 faucet brass tower, but I've heard there are maintenance issues with using brass or copper pieces in brewing. Is it better just to spend the money on stainless? I really like the classic feel of brass, but I don't want to mess with corrosion or other issues.

I've got 3 corny's right now with a 10# CO2 tank. I'll need to buy a tower and gas distributor soon.

Thanks!

The tower is similar to this model: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/towers/t-style3/D7744PVD.shtml

Beer won't come into contact with the brass tower You'll still get chromed or SS accessories for what's in contact with the beer. I've also seen some brass tone taps as well for brass towers. Only issue with brass is keeping it shiny and polished, but no reason that brass should be any worse than any other material for a tower.

Back