• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana Brand New Grainfather with Graincoat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aconnell08

Reaction score
For sale is a brand new grainfather with graincoat included. Box is unopened. Ordered an extra and will have to pay restocking fee if I ship it back so $875obo gets it, I will pay for shipping.

Can you supply pictures? Seems a little odd that you bought an "extra" of an $800+ item. And you don't have a posting history previous to this.

I went to the ATM And they gave me a bunch of extra cash so maybe we could do something. I asked them and they said they don't want it back

Definitely a fair request! I have attached pictures. Long story short - Amazon Prime has ruined me for life. I ordered two of them different companies after I hadn't heard from one in a couple of days about shipping to guarantee I had it by this weekend with expedited shipping from the other. Have my wedding coming up in a couple of weeks that I am brewing for and this is my only weekend off to do 2 days of double batches on it. I unexpectedly received both before the weekend and I'd have to pay for shipping to return it so it'd be a better option for me to sell it privately since it'll cost me $150 to return it back to the reseller with the restocking fee.

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Not to be an arse....but that's just pictures of a box. Open it up and put it side by side with your other one.

Amazon Prime usually does free return shipping. Buyer beware. Sounds scammy. Not normal to place multiple orders for the same thing, and this is this the first post. If you buy it and get scammed you deserve it on this one.....

Not that I am condoning anything but amazon prime does charge for return shipping unless your item is wrong, damaged, etc... I recently purchased a light for multiple dune buggy and realized my error in size of the light. I had to pay for return shipping.

I did not order either of these from Amazon Prime, that wasn't an option. By saying "Amazon Prime has ruined me" I meant that I order basically everything off of Amazon and get free two day shipping, so I never have to wait very long.

The above meaning - ordering something and it taking a week+ to get here when I was in a hurry was rough for me, hence ordering one - it not shipping in time to my knowledge - then ordering another with expedited shipping after calling a reseller that had it in stock vs shipping from the warehouse, and paying $40 extra to get it here by the Thursday so I could brew. The one with expedited shipping arrived first so I opened it. The one that I didn't have tracking information on (original order) arrived the day after but it's from the company that wants a 10% restocking fee and I would have to pay shipping back.

I understand that users with few posts get scrutinized when trying to sell stuff but I'm fairly new to home brewing and just trying to avoid paying $100 restocking fee. I will be more than happy to Facetime/video chat/whatever is preferred with any potential buyers, just PM me.

Here are pictures of the two grainfathers. Just figured buyers would prefer it unopened.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

Last edited:
Not that I am condoning anything but amazon prime does charge for return shipping unless your item is wrong, damaged, etc... I recently purchased a light for multiple dune buggy and realized my error in size of the light. I had to pay for return shipping.

Oh my bad, I thought hey did free returns. Good to know.

Last edited:
I did not order either of these from Amazon Prime, that wasn't an option. By saying "Amazon Prime has ruined me" I meant that I order basically everything off of Amazon and get free two day shipping, so I never have to wait very long.

The above meaning - ordering something and it taking a week+ to get here when I was in a hurry was rough for me, hence ordering one - it not shipping in time to my knowledge - then ordering another with expedited shipping after calling a reseller that had it in stock vs shipping from the warehouse, and paying $40 extra to get it here by the Thursday so I could brew. The one with expedited shipping arrived first so I opened it. The one that I didn't have tracking information on (original order) arrived the day after but it's from the company that wants a 10% restocking fee and I would have to pay shipping back.

I understand that users with few posts get scrutinized when trying to sell stuff but I'm fairly new to home brewing and just trying to avoid paying $100 restocking fee. I will be more than happy to Facetime/video chat/whatever is preferred with any potential buyers, just PM me.

Here are pictures of the two grainfathers. Just figured buyers would prefer it unopened.

That looks more legit. Just keep in mind people have burned by people with no posts selling stuff, and it did sound far fetched to accidentally order an extra one considering the price.

Does anyone know what Imake's policy is on transferring warranties? If the one being offered will be without warranty the price is way too high. It would be cheaper for the OP to pay the $100 than to discount the price to what it would take to sell it without a warranty. If the warranty can be transferred then the price is only somewhat high (very nearly what I paid for a new one with graincoat shipped to me last week).

Back